Carb cycling?

Options
I started carb cycling about six weeks ago. I was first told about this from my trainer, and then I also ordered the book choose more to lose more for life by Chris Powell. This is the easiest thing I have ever done as far as my eating plan. I do too low carb days and then one high carb day and alternate Saturday is a high carb day Sunday is my weekly report day where I can have anything I want to eat! Anything!! So far it has been working for me just as he said it should and his book. I also do workout classes and weights at my lifetime fitness gym including their strike class which is an intense kickboxing and Thai stick fighting with a weighted bar combos, spinning, Zumba, and barbell class.I my husband joins me, plus we also hike on the weekends and hope to be able to continue doing this also throughout the fall and winter. I don't want to hit the couch and stay put and lose what I have gained. Or more literally gained weight I have lost!is anyone else doing carb cycling?

Replies

• PackerRob
    PackerRob Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sorry above should say that Sunday is our weekly re-ward day not report day. My husband is doing the carb cycling with me is is a little different than mine but he is also done very well with this and he was a sugar maniac before and no longer is!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to know what benefits you have seen with carb cycling? More weight lost? less sugar cravings? etc :smile:
  • ctrygalk
    ctrygalk Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just started. I hope I can lose weight with it.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Carb cycling makes perfect sense. A "Reward Day" does not. A "Cheat MEAL" once a week won't do too much damage though. :)
  • Thickivory
    Thickivory Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love it!!
  • sabrinanichole147
    Options
    The easiest way to put it is when you do your low carb days your body is feeding off the carbs/glycogen you have stored aka fat. By the 2nd or 3rd day you're probably feeling alittle weak which is normal. That high carb day your body sucks up all those carbs and instead of storing it. It wants to use it as energy. Burning even more calories with the result of losing weight. It's highly effective and iv lost a total of 90 lbs in 15 months doing so :)
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    The easiest way to put it is when you do your low carb days your body is feeding off the carbs/glycogen you have stored aka fat. By the 2nd or 3rd day you're probably feeling alittle weak which is normal. That high carb day your body sucks up all those carbs and instead of storing it. It wants to use it as energy. Burning even more calories with the result of losing weight. It's highly effective and iv lost a total of 90 lbs in 15 months doing so :)
    Wut?
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options

Woo?
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'm intrigued by the concept, but I'm afraid it will interfere with my daily living. I'm a server, regularly log 20,000 steps or more per day, can be on my feet for up to ten hours at a time, and I have to be nice to people. Lol. Anyone with this kind of energy expectation had good results with carb cycling? Specifically on low/no carb days?