Need friends who eat more!

Options
Hi,

I recently realized that I was under-eating and that need to eat more. I started out on mfp with a 1200 calorie goal and I added friends with that same goal. Some eat even less than that. I just joined the "Eat More 2 Weigh Less" group on MFP. Now I'm trying to work my way up to eating closer to 2000 a day. So I need to find some friends that eat more, so I can see what you're eating! I'm having a hard time eating more food and would like some ideas that don't involve eating more fast food and junk.

Replies

• misseaves123
    misseaves123 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Just be careful to REVERSE DIET! You can get up to that but do it slowly.. say 100 calories every 2 weeks.. If you have been eating at 1200 calories and your metabolism is slowed down and you simply increase to normal, you will gain weight and you body wont handle it.. do it slowly and allow you metabolism to adjust!
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I'm in maintenance and eat between 1800 and 2100 currently. Feel free to add me.
  • krumpli
    krumpli Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm a bike commuter (and weigh a lot!) so I eat a lot... currently 1800-2000 ish. Feel free to add me.
  • Heidisjourney
    Heidisjourney Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi. I eat 1600 plus, depending on the day I've had. Do not look at the last few weeks
  • Missy_Monroe
    Missy_Monroe Posts: 23 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm just returning to MFP after a long break, and even though my goal is set to 1400 calories a day, I'm usually higher than that and I am happy anywhere within the 1600 to 1800 range as long as I know that what I'm eating is wholesome foods.
    Try something like this for breakfast; it's really not a very large portion, BUT it is filling and has plenty of good calories (350-400 cal depending on variations) which makes it easy to "eat more"
    1/3 cup quick oats (uncooked), 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk/milk substitute of your choice), 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1 tbsp honey, 1 tsp vanilla extract - stir well and chill overnight. Top with frozen fruit in the morning and you have breakfast on the go. This morning I opted to skip the frozen fruit but last night added 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and a 1/4 cup (small handful) of raisins to the mix, and it was sooo yummy!
  • firephoenix8
    firephoenix8 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1800 for my goal with loss set at 1lb per week. Feel free to add me. My diary is open and I have a lot of custom recipes saved. I sometimes eat more than 1800 in a day but usually come under the weekly average and I'm losing.

When I first started I under estimated my activity level - I work in an office at a desk, but I log about a mile of walking at work a day between meetings, delivering papers, and checking things in the warehouse. I got feeling really run down and awful. I feel much better with a more accurate activity level and higher caloric intake.