Long time MyFitnessPal user, recent serious user.

Hello all!!

Heather from Massachusetts. I work full time, in the winter I also work Saturdays at a chiropractor office, in the summer I am a seasonal camper in New Hampshire. I am also a full-time online student going for my BA in Business Administration minor Human resources Management and finish in 9 weeks!!

I'm 38, 5'2", my start weight was 223 lbs and my first "goal" is to lose 24 lbs. I've used MyFitnessPal on and off for a few years. I have finally said Enough is Enough, time to get serious. It helps that my husband has also reached his "enough" point and joined MyFitnessPal too.

My normal routine before deciding to lose weight was a 40-hour sedentary desk work (lucky if I'd hit 1,000 steps all day) and home to lay around. Weekends were over eating and over drinking. Having a bottle of wine while playing cards or eating a whole small pizza for supper wasn't really given a second thought.

My husband and I have added a Fitbit Charge HR for a little over a week now, and it has definitely motivated me to walk as often as I can. I weigh roughly 85% of my food (I have not come to the point where I bring my scale to a restaurant....yet :D) and have cut soda out 99%! I've cut back on my coffee and switched back to Tea. I drink roughly 80-100 ounces of water a day.

Two months into taking MyFitnessPal seious, I am at currently down by 4.8 lbs!!! Only 18.2 to go until I set my next goal!!!

Replies

• hmichaud09
    hmichaud09 Posts: 66 Member
    Just about 2 weeks later and I'm down 9.5 lbs!! 15.5 to go!!!!!
    Walking 2-4 miles per day, and eating good!
  • MissBitz
    MissBitz Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Heather! I'm very similar. Had MFP for a long time now, was serious a few years ago and lost 80 lbs. Now I've put literally all of it back and am back on the wagon. My best friend got me a Fitbit Charge HR for Xmas as well. Always looking for those with a similar journey near me. If you'd like to friend up and do challenges on Fitbit let me know :)
  • Amberleah21
    Amberleah21 Posts: 55 Member
    Wow, very similar story. I used this app off an on as a personal food and calorie journal for about 2 years. I wouldnever stick with it for more than 3 weeks at a time. In September, I posted on here and began acquiring friends. I've stuck with it since then.

I'm 38, 5'0, start weight was 220. I lost 20 lbs in 9 weeks. And it's because of the support I get from my fitness pal. Outside family and friends don't encourage me like this. And I can't really share like this on fb with people I actually know. Haha!

Now I did go on hiatus for 6 weeks between thanksgiving and New Years. I didn't track anything. Not good. Yet I came out of it with only a 2 lb gain. Back to the grind this week and looking for a few new friends with common goals.
  • hmichaud09
    hmichaud09 Posts: 66 Member
    A 2 lb gain over the holidays in my book is doing fantastic. Thats about what I gained back.

Now that all the holidays are over (my work's party is always the week after NYE so my "holidays" ended yesteray) I'm now at 212. 13 lbs to go for my first big goal!!! Once I hit 199, my next goal will be 180.

Walking 5 - 8 miles a day (loving my FitBit Charge HR), drinking 3 liters a day of water, very little caffine (teavana obsession lately) and lowered my calorie intake to 1380.

Here's to us achieving our goals!!