Looking for friends who have more then 20kgs (44lbs) to lose.

Options
Hi, I'm Jess.
I am just starting my journey to shed some weight (hopefully a lot of it!) and I'm looking for individuals with simmilar weight loss goals to share my journey with.
I'm a mother to a 4yr old and I'm learning to love myself again after to many years of self neglect.

Replies

• nicolet19
    nicolet19 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Jess! I'm Nic, I'm also hoping to lose a significant amount of weight, having been unsuccessful many times before!

Are you feeling motivated towards your weight loss journey?
  • jacksmummy2011
    jacksmummy2011 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicolet!
    I'm motivated as best I can be,
    I know it's going to be a shock to the system but I look forward to feeling happier and healthier within my skin and knowing that I am setting the best example I can for my Son :-)
  • nicolet19
    nicolet19 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's really lovely, I think having such an important personal reason/motivation will be really helpful :)

Wishing you all the best with your new lifestyle!
  • krypgirl
    krypgirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi im lanna im wanting to loose 60kg. Have lost 15kg so far but that 60kg is the killer. Its slow going but im hoping by the end of this year ill get there
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Megan ...I had over 100lbs to lose ...so far I have lost 28lbs ....Feel free to add me ...wishing you much success :)
  • chelsiteel1234
    chelsiteel1234 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Chelsi, I'm also seeking to lose over 44 pounds. I just starting out and very determined this time around.
  • milewskinicole
    milewskinicole Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Nicole! I've joined MFP in 2014, but never really used it. I deleted that account and made a new one to start off fresh. I've had weight issues for a while now and I'm the heaviest that I've ever been. It makes me super depressed looking at myself honestly, and it's a terrible feeling to hate yourself. I'm looking to lose 45 pounds this year (I have prom and a nice vacation in May to look forward to and I'm going to be a bridesmaid in August) and it's important to me that I actually stick to MFP this time! Hopefully, by the help of the great community here, I will finally reach my goal and lose more than 45 by the end of the year :smile:
  • proud2b_mrs_beaty
    Options
    Hi I'm Toni,
    I too am looking for a healthier lifestyle and healthier weight. My goal is to lose about 50 pounds this year. I've lost 20 pounds so far then plateaued. Gonna need some support to get there.
  • mrslindsey71193
    mrslindsey71193 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm Katie! I'm a newly wed. I've been with my husband for 4 1/2 years, married for 6months. I weighed 165 when I met him, I know weigh 244. I know he thinks I am beautiful but I want to feel as confident as I did when we met. I look forward to meeting you all and working together to do this
  • Heidisjourney
    Heidisjourney Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Heidi, I'm a SAHM, with a 5 year old, and an 8 year old, and have just over 20 kg to lose.
    Please feel free to add me :)
  • KateRMcCarrell
    KateRMcCarrell Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kate. I'm down 102 pounds since last January. I have 45 pounds to go. Determined to get the rest of this weight off and maintain afterwards! Good luck ladies...it can be done!
  • jessalwayz
    jessalwayz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Jess,

I am also Jess, I have 40lbs to loose. I gained so much from stress and anxiety from wedding.
  • shondraturner1
    shondraturner1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Shondra. I have about 65 lbs to lose and looking forward to getting it done by the end of the year. We as a community can do this. Just remember there is always someone on here in the same situation that you can chat with. Have a happy and healthy year! B)
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Hannah and I want to lose as much as possible as I am old and decrepit and need to have knee surgery! I have lost 33 pounds since October - I am counting calories and thats all. I find exercise difficult due to mobility issues. I follow the recipes in the Looneyspoons cookbook series and find them to be easy, flavourful and really helpful. There is just me and the hubs at home now, so finding recipes that I can adjust for just two people is a bit of a challenge. I just want to find a community where I can share recipes and tips and tricks that have worked for me and for others, and to help me to remain mindful about my eating.
  • cassmlucas
    cassmlucas Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Jess,
    I also am trying to lose about 70 lbs. I am using the UP app to track my steps and sleep, and MFP for food. Having the step tracker has made me more aware of how much (little) I am moving, and I hope that will help me get motivated this time around. Feel free to add me.

You can do it! Have a good New Year

Cassidy
  • joyce27661
    joyce27661 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I am looking to lose about 45lbs, but I will be happy with any amount that I lose. The fact that I am following the MFP is already making a difference in how I feel and my sleep. I am riding my stationary/elliptical daily for about 40 minutes. So, I am hoping to feel even better by the end of the year. Life is too short to worry about the little things, so I am just going to enjoy and not get myself carried away if I fall off. One day at a time is how I am going to get through.

Happy New Year to all and Health and best wishes for success!
    Joyce :)
  • dylan104373
    dylan104373 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose about 60 pounds. I've been on here for a while but I've been inconsistent lately. I'm motivated now though. Add me everyone if you want!
  • brookej8688
    brookej8688 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    hey jess, Im brooke!! I am aiming for 80-100lbs to lose, and I know it will be a long tough road, but I also know with my own personal motivation, and motivation from many people on MFP that I have received I know I can do it. If you want to add me or (anyone) can add me, that would be great!!
  • AnitaDrink2day
    AnitaDrink2day Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi there.
    I'm looking for support, motivation and ideas/suggestions. I also want to loose a bunch of weight.
  • OverweightZombie
    OverweightZombie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I just joined a here a couple days ago. I need to lose 110lbs and am looking for some friends. Feel free to add me if you like. :)