Calorie Credit for Steps?

This app appears to give way too much calorie credit for steps taken when sync' with a FitBit. At least 200-250 calories greater per 5 miles walked/jogged than any other except use calculation. Is there a way to adjust the calorie calculation in MyFitness Pal? Thanks!

Replies

• bigsbydog
    bigsbydog Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2016
    For every 2000 steps it is 1 mile=100 cals burned, for 5 miles it's approx 500 calories burned. The only way I think you can change it is to change your weight in the goals area of fitness pal or on your fit bit. Hope this helped :)
  • gregl8751
    gregl8751 Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    That's why it's recommended to eat back only 50% of your exercise cals.
  • gregl8751
    gregl8751 Posts: 3 Member
    That's no fun!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Also keep in mind that when you sync your Fitbit, MFP assumes you're going to remain that active for the rest of the day. If you sync it several hours later and haven't moved much, that adjustment will go down.
  • PepeLPew
    PepeLPew Posts: 92 Member
    Yeah I have a fitbit charge hr and I track my steps closely. I average around 12k steps a day. Fitbit tells me I do around 8km total distance with 49 active minutes. I have the charge linked to my mfp account and apparently it's over 1000 calories. Weekly I do nearly 80k steps and yet I highly doubt I'm burning that many calories.