anyone ever have a nagging muscle pain in leg?

Options
Granted i have played sports all of my life and worked out most of it, I know what a sore body feels like. However, about 2 years ago during a non lifting time (that followed a pretty intense couple of months of stonglifts 5x5 in which you squat each lift), i started to notice my left quad was tender almost as though i had been lifting.... I would roll it and it would feel good as i would normally roll my muscles. It had the "hurt so good" feeling. The pain was not related to a current lift or anything of that nature. However, throughout the last 2 years or so, the pain would come and go at times. The pain has never gotten worse or kept me from daily activity, but it has the "oh i have a sore muscle feel to it, literally a 1/10 pain). Has anyone ever experienced this? I looked it up online and nearly scared myself to death with it talking about soft tissue sarcoma, etc. That usually has lumps and stuff, which i do not have anything like that going on. I actually started squatting again this last week and the pain seems to be gone or at least blending in with the current muscles under repair.

When i would roll it, the pain seemed to disperse throughout my leg, much like when you are rolling a normal muscle. I guess Im trying to say that the pain wasn't in a single place much like a broken bone, fracture, etc.... it feels as though its definitely muscle related as manipulation to it feels good. Could there be a build up of lactic acid in there that has stuck around? Thanks for advice everyone.

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Could there be a build up of lactic acid in there that has stuck around?

Probably not.

You could try stretching it a few times a day, for 30+ seconds.
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I wonder if it could be irritation/ impingement of you lateral cutaneous femoral nerve?
  • Brocksterdanza
    Brocksterdanza Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I told my nurse at school today (I'm a teacher). She said it sounded nerve related as well. She said it could have been caused by the daily squatting with strong lifts. She said that something serious is less likely as the symptoms seem to subside from time to time and never intensify. If it is nerve related, what can i do for it
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Same advice as before - stretch it several times a day for 30+ seconds. Check Youtube if you need stretches.
    Post an update in 1-2 weeks. :+1: