Weight loss supplements (US over the counter)

Options
Hey I'm looking now for a weight loss supplement to help take 10lbs off. I am just looking for supplements that people have tried. I haven't bought some in a while and the ones I used to use are either new formulas or were taken off the market because they were dangerous lol. But I want to know what's out there to try. I don't mind it be highly caffeinated. I do well with anything that tends to cause jitters and stuff.

Thanks MFP!!!

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Useful weight loss supplements listed below:

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

You forgot:

• antonioramir3z
    antonioramir3z Posts: 29 Member
    Options

You forgot:
    Lol
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

You forgot:
    Lol

In seriousness, what are you looking to have these accomplish? Most "weight loss supplements" are caffeine. If you want the energy boost, coffee is a much cheaper way to do it. And you can control your dosage so that you don't get the jitters.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

You forgot:

I always forget that one
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Weight loss supplements will only lighten your wallet. They don't actually help you do anything except maybe pee more. Or some, like Alli, that will give you orange explosive grease poo.

Word of the wise: Save our money and just log your food on MFP, follow your calorie goal and you'll lose weight. You might consider purchasing a food scale, but that's optional (and mostly to tighten up accuracy and for portion control).
  • antonioramir3z
    antonioramir3z Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    So there is no point?
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    So there is no point?

If you like making other people rich, then buy them.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    So there is no point?

Unless you like wasting money, no. Don't bother.
  • songbird13291
    songbird13291 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Ali actually blocks your body from absorbing fat, so in conjunction with a low fat diet it should be effective. Most of the weight you lose is through diet and exercise, with a few extra pounds lost due to the use of the medication.

What usually happens, though, is that people think it's a magic bullet and don't change their eating habits, hence the unpleasant side effects mentioned above. Frankly, not worth it.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/weight-loss/in-depth/alli/art-20047908
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    So there is no point?

There's no point in that, even if you do lose the weight, you'll gain it right back once you go off them. Why don't you try MFP? Plug your numbers in, eat the amount of calories it gives you. In the meantime you'll learn new habits that will help you sustainable your loss once you've obtained your goal?
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I've tried every single one and none of them work. Cico is cheaper and works better.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    None. Cut calories. Nothing magical.