2 Weeks down and I feel like a new woman.

Options
2 weeks ago I decided I had enough. Enough of being unhappy, enough of being tired, of hating the way I looked, of self loathing and never allowing pictures to be taken of myself because they made me sick to look at.

I ate crap - and I ate a lot of it. Sweets were my vice and I shoved them in my mouth several times a day.

Not even sure how I came upon MFP (call it fate?), I decided to give it a try. I had done WW in the past and was very successful, but gained it all back and then some. What could I have to lose, right? Well, I am 2 weeks in and I have to say, I feel like a completely different person. I have only lost 5 pounds, but what I have gained I am SOOO grateful for.

MFP makes keeping track of everything SO easy and I log every single thing that I put into my mouth with absolutely no hassle at all. I am so much happier, I am so much more awake, healthy feeling and feel so much better about myself. I am feeling accomplished and like I can really do this thing and make it stick. I was able to put down the tons of sweets and really make better choices about what I am putting in my mouth. I still allow myself a sweet a day (my current is a skinny cow salt, pretzel and carmel ice cream bar) and I am still able to stay well within my calorie limit.

My next step is to start working out on a regular basis and I am really looking forward to doing that. I have a treadmill and a weight set in my basement and so I have no excuses!

I hesitate to say that I feel like MFP has saved my life because it seems so over dramatic, but I really do feel that way. I was so miserable and it was starting to really make me a person that I did not like. I did not like going to any functions because I was ashamed of how I looked. I have an amazing and good looking husband and I always felt like people looked at me and wondered what he saw in me. What a terrible way to feel, right? But that is how I felt - all the time.

I wanted to post this for the people just starting out, like me. To be a cheerleader for you and say that YOU CAN do this and you will feel so much better when you do.

Thanks for reading my post and I hope to gain a ton of knowledge here from the people who have been able to lose the weight and keep it off! You are all so inspirational!

Kristine

Replies

• mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    don't discount your loss of 5 pounds by saying "only" ... 5 pounds is fantastic!! Keep it up!! you are doing great!
  • smcrimmon84
    smcrimmon84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    5lbs in 2 week is GREAT! Keep it up! It's amazing how quickly you feel better :)
  • hamstertango
    hamstertango Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm starting out and two weeks feels like an age away! I've stayed the same weight (overweight by 1.5 stone) for two years, if I can break that and lose maybe 5lb in two weeks it will be frankly brilliant! Well done you!
    Like you I already feel MFP is going to be my turning point and knowing what I have left calorie-wise and planning my meals to fit in the allowance makes so much sense now (now i am actually doing it)!
  • maureented
    maureented Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Kristine, five pounds is wonderful. Keep up the good work.
  • beargirl69
    beargirl69 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's great -- I just started Monday -- 2.5 lbs per week is fantastic how many calories do you take in each day?
  • hammergirl0801
    hammergirl0801 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the kind words!!

I am at 1500 Calories per day but I am averaging about 1300 or so per day. I am 5'7" and started at 203.
  • flyingfur74
    flyingfur74 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great job! 5 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. I am on my second week now and I look forward to logging in my food and seeing that I am making better food decisions.
    I feel the same way you do about a lot of what you said especially avoiding pictures being taken. I couldn't find one to put up as my profile pic..

BTW, I love sweets too. I found a great substitution for ice cream. I take popsicle sticks and stick them in my favorite yogurt and freeze. It's yummy and a great alternative.

Keep up the good work and good luck on your journey. If you would like support and motivation, feel free to add me.
  • claireleonard7
    claireleonard7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well done!! I can't wait to feel like that too. Iv just had baby number 2 and put on lots of weight n also Christmas was another excuse to stuff in the sweets! Iv just started yesterday and have 3 and a half stone to loose. Feels impossible right now but you've made me realise the losses sling the way that boost u are gonna b motivating in tears of reaching main goal x
  • mrstunuts
    mrstunuts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5 pounds awesome! While reading your post I felt like you were reading my mind. Everything you mentioned I can relate to. So thank you for sharing