Let's talk thighs.....

Options
dsak
dsak Posts: 367 Member
OK... it might seem silly to some, but... for those of us "pear-shaped" women, it's important. I've always had big thighs, so I'm working my best to improve my legs!!!

I started my journey at 232lbs, and 30" thighs, and I've lost 2.5" so far. My goal is to get down to 150lbs. Just curious what the average size thigh might be on a 150lb person!!!! I have absolutely no concept of how small one's thighs can actually get!!!! I know this answer may vary, but... I just thought I'd ask!!!

Replies

• sushisuzi2
    sushisuzi2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I can't see my thighs unless I bend forward....:bigsmile: DDD
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I weigh 144 and my thighs are at just under 23". If they do get any smaller it won't be by much. And, yes, it will vary by person.
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" 146.5 lbs and currently my thighs are around 24-25"--I am also pear-shaped if that helps!
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting at about 156 right now and my thighs are about 23"

I always think I have fat thighs but when I cry to my boyfriend about it he reminds me to flex and then I realize how much of them are muscle. I probably only have about 1.5 - 2 inches to lose on them.
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am 139lbs and have 22.4" thighs. I carry any excess weight on my bum and thighs so I feel your pain! I am defineatly pear shaped.
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    It depends on how tall you are and of course where one carries their weight. I am currently 162 and 5'7 and my thighs are 23 inches. I carry my weight around my waist though!!
  • karatsd
    karatsd Posts: 35
    Options
    I think it totally depends on the person. I've lost 50 pounds and am finally down to 165. I am in a size 12/14 jean(depending) compared to the size 20 before but my thighs look worse than ever! Be sure to keep building muscle and toning if you are losing more than a pound 1/2 per week . (So say all my sources to whom I've complained about my flabby thighs:) Keep up the great work!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Hello my fellow pear shaped MFPers!

I am 5’7” and currently weigh 155. My thigh, at its widest point up at the top, is 25.” When I drop down to 150 I can’t imagine my thighs will be that much smaller since it is only 5 pounds from where I am. Man, I hate being pear shaped!!!!
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I'm a big girl, but my thighs aren't all that big. I have more of a problem in my midsection. I think as of right now, my thighs are 25 inches, maybe 24.5. I need to remeasure. As I lose weight, I know they'll eventually shrink, but I don't think my thighs are going to change all that much.

Oh, forgot to add that I'm 5'2 and about 233ish.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    OK... it might seem silly to some, but... for those of us "pear-shaped" women, it's important. I've always had big thighs, so I'm working my best to improve my legs!!!

I started my journey at 232lbs, and 30" thighs, and I've lost 2.5" so far. My goal is to get down to 150lbs. Just curious what the average size thigh might be on a 150lb person!!!! I have absolutely no concept of how small one's thighs can actually get!!!! I know this answer may vary, but... I just thought I'd ask!!!

YOu can't really assume ones thigh is going to be a certain size by a certain weight.

Just keep to a proper diet and kill the cardio and see where it lands you!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and i have 24" fat thighs. I have lost an inch on them since April. I am doing the 30 day shred and dropped .5 inch just this week. :) My thighs are my biggest part of me they dont match my body and when i gain weight it is there that i carry it all.:S
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    weigh 146 and thighs 23:smile:
  • merlimax
    merlimax Posts: 57
    Options
    I weigh 222.5 pounds and my thigh measures 24.5 inches but I have always had large thighs as you can see in my picture due to being a runner when I was younger
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    5'4" 162 and have 24.25 thighs.
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone... I know the size will vary on everyone depending on height, weight, shape, muscle tone, etc, but... I just wanted a gauge. Seems like a lot of pear-shaped gals within 10lbs of 150 range from 23"-25". It gives me a good idea of where I likely might be when I lose the weight!!!

THANKS!!! I'll keep ya posted when I hit my goal!
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11.5" [I always just up it to 6' hehe] and my thighs are 22.5 inches. Well, my left one in. My right one is 22.25 inches.

Thighs seem like the last to go for me, same with hips. But they are only going to get so thin, depending on your build and what you're doing. I am a horseback rider, hence the muscular legs. I wouldn't mind slimmer/leaner thighs, however that is an unrealistic goal for me. :(
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    I started around 147 and my thighs were measuring 23-24 inches I believe...
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and weigh 162. My thighs are 22.5. A coulple of months ago they were 24.5. After reading the other posts I had to measure mine again as I still have a long way to go until they are firm (and not as much jiggle). Everyone's body is different. We all carry weight in different places. For me a lot of it is on my upper 1/2. Also the types of exercise you do will have an impact. For me it is strength training 2 or 3 days a week and walking, running or elliptical usually 5 or 6 days a week.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, it's individual. I'm about 148 at the moment, but my thighs have always been bigger, because that's where I build a lot of muscle. In fact, most pants would fit on the waist, if my thighs weren't too big for the pants, so I usually wear a size bigger in my pants and am forced to wear a belt, because people who design pants apparently don't design them with athletes in mind. :P
  • FitCoachJen
    FitCoachJen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I've given up on buying pants because they never fit. The waist is too big, the hips are fine, and my thighs are going to rip them to shreds if I move. FWIW, the Gap 1979 jeans are a pretty good fit, but it took me hours to find one pair of pants that would suffice.

I've also given up heavy squats because my quads are so prone to over-developing that it's ridiculous (and earned me the nickname Quadzilla). I'm 5'6", 133 lbs, and my thighs are 21.75" at the widest point.

*Make sure you're measuring your thigh, not your bum. I had to look in a mirror with my tape measure to ensure I was doing it properly.