New MFP Living in Germany 50+ to loose

Options
Heya all

I am a retired Army soldier living in Germany. I was on the Weight Watcher Plan 2 1/2 Years ago with Runkeeper and due to stress and Base closures I have put back on over 60+ Lbs. I have purchased a Vivosmart HR and am starting my weight loss again. At the moment I am just trying to figure the calorie counting thing and am walking every morning 400 steps. My job is active intensive and most the time put another 400 Steps on. Am going to try and start running again. Would appreciate any suggestions in ref food or exercise possibilities. 4 Days in and I like the MFP and Vivosmart. I am a 53 year old retire that has fallen to the weight gain, but am going to take this off if it kills me LOL. would like to get back to 190LBS.

Nice to have found an alternative to WW

Tim

Replies

• afortunatedragon
    afortunatedragon Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    All the best for your weight loss. I have a lot to loose as well (again) add me if you like!
  • bettina274
    bettina274 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi To Germany, your posting caught my eye because I am from Germny and I was trying to get my husband to move back there with me after his retirement from the military but he likes Nirthern California too much, lol. Sorry for being off topic... :)

I have used the MFP for a while, mostly logging the food, which is huge. Once you enter your food (scanning barcode or manually) at the end of the day, sometimes it was a shocker to see how much sugar, carbs etc. we really eat... Well, having said that, I just got back from Germany viaiting family for a while and did nit put in any food, probably would have nit want to see the daily intake there..

Anyway, good luck with your journey, somewhere i read that everything takes 30 days to become a habit:-) ps.: Where do you live in Germany?
  • timothyrock62
    timothyrock62 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well I live in Wiesentheid between Wuerzburg and Schweinfurt but I work in Stuttgart and have an apartment for the week. I stayed here with the wife and kids after retiring. Now here is the catcher I am from California also, live in Chino and some of my family is in San Diego and up Lompoc area. I miss California but when I was in the states I missed Germany. I have found that MFP does very well with German products. Well Time to sign off, it was interesting to talk to someone from the states its been since 2001 that my family was there.

Bis spater

Tim