runners/walkers - pain in the ball of your foot

Options
Has anyone experienced pain in the ball of your foot from running or walking too much, or too many days in a row?

Replies

• halfmarathon52
    halfmarathon52 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What is your strike like? Do you run on the balls of your feet? TYhe type of shoes you wear and the surface your running on can play a factor too. I've had pain in my toes, heels, and the balls of my feet as I got used to running daily. I watched some youtube vidoes on running mechanics and they helped a lot.
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Is it like an all around dull pain?

Or is it a pin pointed sharp pain?

If it's the latter it could be heal spurs.

Other wise it could be the shoes you are wearing and the way you run.
  • damionruns
    damionruns Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i recently had to deal with plantar fasciitis. sometimes it feels like its at the ball but it may emanates from the heel. does it really hurt in the AM and get a little better throughout the day? if its its what i had you may have to do a series of stretches for it to feel better. it could mean you have to wear a diddferent kind of sho or get inserts as well.
  • cathy0730
    cathy0730 Posts: 2
    Options
    I started jogging a few months back and began to experience some pain. I asked a friend of mine that jogs often and she suggested alternating how I land (between my heel and ball of my foot). This has helped me alot. Good luck!
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I have been running for a few years, sometimes a lot sometimes less than that. On the upper part of my left foot, between the toes about an inch down from the top - there is an aching pain when I'm at rest - and a stabbing pain when I walk. I tried to do a warm up on the treadmil this morning and yea, it wasn't going to happen......couldn't walk much less think about running.

The last couple days, just walking around for work has been painful.

I wear asics bought from a running store - I am thinking it's time to replace them. I also have been wearing cheap shoes to work - like flats with no cushion.........so, that might be my problem too.

It just feels like a bruise. Dang it - :sad: