Need ideas for a grab and go breakfast

Options
I need a grab and go breakfast that I can eat on my drive to work. This week I've been making ham, egg and cheese sandwiches on potato rolls (305 calories) and don't feel real good about all that bread. I need something that will hold me from 6 AM until 12 Noon.

Replies

• Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Quest bar and a fruit?
  • ProfDawnLee
    ProfDawnLee Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I also need some help with this and was going to start a discussion on breakfast ideas. When I wake up early I make eggs or steel cut oats. If not I sometimes have a Vega One shake. Although I am all out and of course with New Years I am trying to watch the budget and lose weight - not easy! hmmm do you like yogurt? You can have that and a piece of fruit maybe?
  • nm2bsc
    nm2bsc Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I've seen a dude prepare some mean smoothie with peanut butter, protein powder, flax seed, many fruits and milk. I tried it. It can hold you up for a long time.
  • wickedwitch1965
    wickedwitch1965 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Quest bars
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    What about an egg roll-up! Make an one egg omelet type egg in small pan, add cheese, then put it in a warm tortilla shell and roll it up
  • awholenewworld
    awholenewworld Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Once a week I batch cook and freeze breakfast sandwiches for my husband who calorie counts. All he has to do is microwave it, grab a piece of fruit and his coffee and he is out the door.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'm a protein bar for breakfast type of gal. At least on heavy work days. I switched from Quest to Combat Crunch recently because of the formula change, but you might like Quest if you weren't used to the old formula.
  • KatyP86
    KatyP86 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Yogurt
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Egg muffins. You can batch cook them a dozen at a time once or twice per week. Preheat oven to 375. Scramble up about six whole eggs and add an equal amount of egg whites. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic (or however you like your eggs). Pour mixture into a muffin pan, then you can go crazy with vegetables and meat. I add ham to one row, turkey to another, have a meatless row, and a row of turkey sausage. Then, to mix things up, I add veggies by the column. Zucchini, tomatoes, olives, spinach, mushrooms, peppers, etc. You can also top with some shredded cheddar before baking. Bake for about 12-15 minutes. Let cool before storing in individual servings. I eat one as a snack, two as a meal.
  • sandyfritz52
    sandyfritz52 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great idea, thank you!
  • sandyfritz52
    sandyfritz52 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I thanks everyone for the ideas. Yogurt is hard to eat while driving the back road I drive. The egg muffins are something I will definitely try when I get back in town next week.