Heart Rate Monitor - best choice..?

Options
Hello Peeps

I am searching for a goof heart rate monitor .
For almost 5 years I have had the Polar F4 but now feeling a bit outdated.

What's new and good out there?

Thank you

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F7 for steady state cardio. I use a chest strap and think it does what I wanted it to do. Not sure if it's outdated or not but I only use it when exercising and it's good. Why do you say yours might be outdated?
  • Mopetite
    Mopetite Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi !

Well I have seen some around that display larger numbers and a brighter screen . But so many brands.

• zipa78
    zipa78 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Mopetite wrote: »
    Hi !

Well I have seen some around that display larger numbers and a brighter screen.

Is this what you are mainly looking for? If so, the just get any of Polar, Garmin or Suunto that meet your needs.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Makes a difference what activities to wish to use it for and what data you hope it will give you in addition to knowing your HR.

For cycling I use a Garmin Edge (HR, cadence, tracking, navigation).

For gym work I use a Polar FT60 which has a bigger and clearer display than the FT4 and FT7. It also has the benefit your can easily personalise your settings. I've had my max HR and VO2 max tested so watch is better calibrated to me.
    If you are intending to use it for estimating calories I've found the calorie count for steady state cardio is almost identical to a power meter.
  • Mopetite
    Mopetite Posts: 26 Member
    Options