Anyone have luck recording foods in advance

Options
1235»

Replies

• GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I tried prelogging for a while, but would so often end up eating something else that I had to go back and change what I entered. So I log as I go now. Works best for me.

70044776.png
  • Leanqueen01
    Leanqueen01 Posts: 43 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I will always pre log, sometimes a week at a time, which is a great help when doing a weekly shop too! It really helps me to stop going over my calories, and i always save room for a dessert/snack.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I pre-log the entire day in the morning when hubby is sitting down to breakfast (I don't eat breakfast, maybe brunch on the weekends). When I enter his food, I enter mine too. Since I'm cooking dinner, I know what's on the menu in the early morning. This helps me meet my macros every day and really reduces stress. For me, if it's logged, it's practically written in stone. I know what I'll eat portion-wise, but I adjust the amounts once I'm prepping it.
  • KnitSewSpin
    KnitSewSpin Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I do not prolog my days. But I do my menu planning and grocery shopping on Mondays so I know what my week generally looks like. I've been thinking of doing this more to see if it can help as sometimes I snack too much during the day so I don't have very many calories left for dinner. I hate those days!
  • 2015_120
    2015_120 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes! Pre-logging my meal and exercise works so well for me (along with IF). It also helps with menu planning and shopping :) Also, I am a lot less likely to skip a work-out. That has become such a no-no for me.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    All these people prelogging meals and nobody getting notifications from MFP saying they haven't logged their meal yet?

Is this glitch fixed?
  • woofer00
    woofer00 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Haven't seen that glitch on the android side for a while now.
    If I prep or pack my breakfast or lunch, I pre-log that the day before. Gives me a good idea of how much room I have and macro balance. A full day isn't flexible enough for me personally.
  • sianlr87
    sianlr87 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to cut the food budget so have become very organised at writing out meal plans and lists for shopping! I prelog all meals and snacks for the day in the morning. I can easily change something if I need to. This helps me stick to meals instead of doing something else, potentially going over calories or wasting food. Something I also hate to do!
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I don't prelog, but I'm beginning to notice my "breakfasts" are usually in a calorie range of 500-700, my multiple course lunch is usually around 1100+ and another multiple course 1100+ calories for dinner. There are definitely days these numbers change.