Beginner Fitbit-er

Options
I received a Fitbit for Xmas. I knew I was VERY inactive, but I was barely getting in 3K steps a day. I still haven't hit the 10K goal but I'm trying. I only have a couple of friends that have one but I found that I get up more and walk when my device notifies me they are kicking my butt in steps...lol. I'd like to add more people that are beginners like me. So, if you are so inclined, feel free to add me.

https://www.fitbit.com/user/3Y35KC

Replies

• mrsbrightwell
    mrsbrightwell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have added you hope that's OK because I need the motivation to move my *kitten* ☺ need to get the baby weight a moving
  • marsh5224
    marsh5224 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I started about the same level back in Oct. I was so shocked at the slug I had become! I am now up to about 10 thousand a day. I love it and the healthy completion. Find someone on your friend list who consistently has more steps than you and decide to "beat" them this week with your 7 day average. I will send you a friend request if interested. So glad you have joined the fun!
  • reed1295
    reed1295 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just got mine yesterday. Adding you. We can encourage each other!
  • Spence_
    Spence_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Just got mine today... feel free to add!

P.S. I got a flex - does anyone know if it's okay to wear it on your bra, or must it remain on your wrist? Thinking about occasions when I don't want it to be visible.
  • YapiYapo
    YapiYapo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I get mine in today! I'll try and add you when I set it up.
  • Khovde07
    Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I got mine for Christmas too! I'mm having trouble figuring out how to add friends so my motivation has been pretty low.
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Spence_ wrote: »
    Just got mine today... feel free to add!

P.S. I got a flex - does anyone know if it's okay to wear it on your bra, or must it remain on your wrist? Thinking about occasions when I don't want it to be visible.

I think it's calibrated specifically for wearing on your wrist, but you could give it a test by walking around the block with it on your bra, then walking the same route, same pace, etc. with it on your wrist to see whether it makes a big difference.

I specifically bought the flex because there are lots of fashionable options for wearing it. Tory Burch makes several wrist bands for it which look like jewelry, but are a little pricey. I also found a leather band/brushed chrome bracelet at Brookstone on clearance for $9.99 - 15% discount off clearance items current promo (comes in white and black), so I bought both.
  • Khovde07
    Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I figured it out! Anyone feel free to add me

https://www.fitbit.com/user/42THPW
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Just got my Fitbit yesterday... Already annoyed with the fact that I am a slug :s I have herniated disc in my back and in my neck so I am limited to what I can do for exercise and that is why I got the fibit in the first place. I work a desk job so I have no idea how I am going to reach 10k each day... All I do know is that I am going to make sure that I walk more steps than I did the day before til I get to that 10k eventually. I have no idea how to add people as I am still trying to figure out how this thing works but feel free to add me.
  • shelbygracestafford
    shelbygracestafford Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You got this :)
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job and set my goal for 7k which I have to make a concerted effort to reach (I have been known to dance round the room to music to hit the daily target!) but I smash it on a weekend. Set your goal to an achievable target and then keep upping it to make yourself move more - I know in the summer I will set mine to 10k again, cos I can get out and walk after work x
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    have added you x
  • NFOM16
    NFOM16 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Nicole 24 Stay at mum I got my fitbit last year but only just set it up ready to loose the weight once and for all ☺

Feel free to add me https://www.fitbit.com/user/45MDRP
  • Jds063
    Jds063 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    just added you!
  • fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    marsh5224 wrote: »
    I started about the same level back in Oct. I was so shocked at the slug I had become! I am now up to about 10 thousand a day. I love it and the healthy completion. Find someone on your friend list who consistently has more steps than you and decide to "beat" them this week with your 7 day average. I will send you a friend request if interested. So glad you have joined the fun!

Please do! :-)
  • fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    KelGen02 wrote: »
    Just got my Fitbit yesterday... Already annoyed with the fact that I am a slug :s I have herniated disc in my back and in my neck so I am limited to what I can do for exercise and that is why I got the fibit in the first place. I work a desk job so I have no idea how I am going to reach 10k each day... All I do know is that I am going to make sure that I walk more steps than I did the day before til I get to that 10k eventually. I have no idea how to add people as I am still trying to figure out how this thing works but feel free to add me.

I also have a desk job. I'm a police dispatcher so I can't leave my console to walk or anything. What I have been doing is, every chance I get, I just stand up and walk in place. I'm not hitting 10 K yet but I'm doing more than I was.
  • Kayak97
    Kayak97 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am just getting started using my fit bit and MFP again. I would like some fitness friends to keep me motivated with a little friendly competition meeting our Fit Bit goals. I am starting with 7500 steps a day, hoping to get to 10,000 as often as possible. https://www.fitbit.com/user/2CVLV9