winter breakfast

Options
Looking for healthy yummy breakfasts for cold mornings, that aren't porridge

Replies

• ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Poached eggs on toast, boiled egg and soldies, scrambled egg and smoked salmon on a muffin, mushroom omlette. ..you may see a pattern here!!
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    What about a hot sandwich? I make them pretty often for breakfast. Or you could have a breakfast tortilla or taco, too.
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I use left overs for breakfast on cold mornings, most folks think it's odd but it works well. I've had stew, soup egg scrambles with cheese and veggies.
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I usually buy a large espresso drink made with lots of steamed milk and sugar, and a muffin or pastry.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Make a bigger dinner so you can have some of it the next day for breakfast :)
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My go to is egg, 1/2 avocado and sriracha on a whole wheat english muffin and pair that with a bit of greek yogurt. Filling and delish. I find it to be a good balance of protein, fat and carbs to keep me going until lunch and less than 300 calories!

I have also precooked a veggie mix of peppers, spinach onions and mushroomscan be whatever your preference for veg is). Then in the morning scramble up a couple of eggs and toss in your veggies to warm. You can toss it all into a tortilla for a to go breakfast. Top with a light sprinkling of cheese or some salsa.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    Breakfast burritos, egg either fried or poached over spinach salad, vanilla yogurt with granola mixed in, toasted Ezekiel bread with peanut butter, asst. smoothies mixed up in a blender....
  • SqueakyBeans88
    SqueakyBeans88 Posts: 17 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Maybe you could pre-make some low carb or protein pancakes to reheat the next morning, or some scrambled egg or low fat pre cooked sausages/bacon medallions

I have a MyProtein Impact Whey Shake for my breakfast with 300ml either skimmed milk, soy milk or water.

I take my shaker to work so it's convenient and quick.

Not for everyone as it's very low carb but it works for me as I have a desk job and sit all day so saves a few more carb heavy calories for the afternoon/evenings, I don't need high energy first thing in the morning really