Is it just me?

Options
just_silk
just_silk Posts: 105 Member
Came into the office this morning and someone was drinking out of my cup.

Not a generic office cup (of which there are 6!!!!), one I brought from home and only I have used for the last 3 years since I brought it here.

Now my cup is dead to me and I need to buy a new one.

Am I the only one who does this?

Replies

• just_silk
    Options
    Probably was. I didn't make a thing about it, that would just be really weird and awkward. I just stealthily bought a new cup.

I was just wondering if I was the only one who had to do that.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    A manicurist at my old job once walked into work screaming and yelling. She saw someone drinking from her coffee cup. The cup said #1 manicurist . she was all upset and walked up to the girl and said " don't you see this is my cup from home ! You are not a manicurist so should see this cup isn't yours !"
    The girl said " I pulled a coffee cup from the cabinet and didn't even look at the pictures or colors . I just pulled out that cup and used it because it was in the cabinet with the mugs . if you don't want others touching it then maybe keep it at your station. "

This created a huge fight so that's why I remember it. I believe the girl truly didn't even look at the mug, she assumed it was just a company cup because it was in the cabinet. So if you don't want people to drink from your cup then I would keep it at your desk from now on.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Nope I feel exactly the same lol
  • meredithgir199
    meredithgir199 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    just_silk wrote: »
    Probably was. I didn't make a thing about it, that would just be really weird and awkward. I just stealthily bought a new cup.

I was just wondering if I was the only one who had to do that.

After each use make sure you wash it & leave it in your office. That's what I do because I don't like others "using" my things.

• HollyS6
    HollyS6 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'd be miffed, but I probably would have just cleaned it well...wearing gloves up to my elbows with bleach...and continued to use it. I keep my personal cup at my desk for that reason.
  • just_silk
    Options

After each use make sure you wash it & leave it in your office. That's what I do because I don't like others "using" my things.

It was in my office. I wash it and put it top side down on my coaster. Cause I know I'm weird about it.

I'm guessing she isn't weird about it at all though and so thought nothing of it. So I was wondering how very weird I was. :D

There is a new cup... but sadly he is a prisoner and gets locked in the desk from now on. Sad life for my poor cup.

• KD454
    KD454 Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I'd totally toss it and get a new one.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Dishwasher and save cash.