Shake diet

Options
I started my Herbalife shakes today. I had my second child 3 months ago and feel like a whale.
Any recipe ideas that will taste good? Or lil snacks I can make?

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you where tricked into buying this multi level marketing scam. I would call it a lesson learned and not purchase this stuff again. If you would like to lose weight, all you need is a calorie deficit . just eat less then you burn . there's no need to buy shakes pills or any other mlm products ever
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Perhaps start by Cooking a large meal, portioning it in containers or baggies, and freezing it so you can have pre made foods to easily heat up. :smile:
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Well, the good thing is that once you're done with your Herbalifes you won't have to buy them ever again. :) I mean, if you get into CICO (calories in<calories out) and using MFP, you'll lose weight for free!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I hope you're not breast feeding while using herbalife.
  • amanda11j15e
    amanda11j15e Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    No I def am not!!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    If you don't like the flavor of the shake itself, I'd take it as a learning lesson (one I've learned before myself).

Herbalife is not anything special that causes weight loss; it may help someone reach a deficit, but the deficit that is required for weight loss. There are lots of protein powders out there, most of which are cheaper than herbalife or shakeology. Plus, when they are sold by reputable retailers (and not stay at home moms looking to make some extra cash) there are benefits like being able to to buy 10 servings as a sample to see what flavors you like.

There are hundreds of protein powders on the market; none are required for weight loss, but if you are in the market for a shake, try them to see what you like.

For weight loss, enter your stats into MFP, log your food accurately, and eat your calorie goal.
  • pcmoore
    pcmoore Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love the shakes as they are with no additions but it's nice to be able to mix it up with a few ingredients :) I always keep add ins to a minimum. 1/4 cup frozen fruit, 1 tablespoon PB2 (powdered peanut butter ) you can use a teaspoon of jello pudding mix to change the flavors too. I was super skeptical but have lost over 100 lbs replacing 2 meals a day with Herbalife & couldn't be happier! So many other things I'd tried & failed but this clicked. It doesn't matter if anyone else thinks it's a bad idea or not. If you feel like it's helping you don't worry about naysayers! It's sad people want to shoot someone's hopes down before they even get started. Calorie deficit is what you have to have. Personally, I didn't have the strength or knowledge to do that so the shakes made perfect sense to me. After a few days I noticed more energy. Whatever it takes :) You can do this!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    pcmoore wrote: »
    I love the shakes as they are with no additions but it's nice to be able to mix it up with a few ingredients :) I always keep add ins to a minimum. 1/4 cup frozen fruit, 1 tablespoon PB2 (powdered peanut butter ) you can use a teaspoon of jello pudding mix to change the flavors too. I was super skeptical but have lost over 100 lbs replacing 2 meals a day with Herbalife & couldn't be happier! So many other things I'd tried & failed but this clicked. It doesn't matter if anyone else thinks it's a bad idea or not. If you feel like it's helping you don't worry about naysayers! It's sad people want to shoot someone's hopes down before they even get started. Calorie deficit is what you have to have. Personally, I didn't have the strength or knowledge to do that so the shakes made perfect sense to me. After a few days I noticed more energy. Whatever it takes :) You can do this!

If you have the strength to limit calories by putting all that stuff in a blender, you can do it with food. The problem "naysayers" have with this type of program is that it doesn't accomplish anything that can't be accomplished with regular food, and costs a ton more. Sure, do it if it works for you and you can afford it, but you might as well eat normal food and use the money you save as toilet paper.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options

If you have the strength to limit calories by putting all that stuff in a blender, you can do it with food. The problem "naysayers" have with this type of program is that it doesn't accomplish anything that can't be accomplished with regular food, and costs a ton more. Sure, do it if it works for you and you can afford it, but you might as well eat normal food and use the money you save as toilet paper.

I've never been a fan of shakes myself. I love to eat and figure I need to learn to eat within my limits so I might as well do it now. But that's just me. People are different and there are many ways to lose weight.

And it's not as if "normal food" (whatever that is) is free. We all pay to eat.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

The knowledge is going to be necessary to keep the weight off.

OP - at least do the sensible thing and step down to losing weight with "regular food" eventually. Measuring portions is so helpful. Unless maybe, you want HerbalLife shakes as part of maintenance.....but if you are bored now, a lifetime of shakes is going to be miserable.