Green smoothie recipe?

Options
srenn9731
srenn9731 Posts: 1 Member
Hi - I'm looking for some recipes for green smoothies; I just got a Ninja blender and am looking to try it out!
I make juices a lot (mainly kale, spinach, lemon, ginger, and apple) - can I do the same for smoothies? Thank you!!

Replies

• matti422
    matti422 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I do kale, Vega Sport protein powder, and unsweetened almond milk and 1-2 dates in my Nutribullet, and it's pretty darn tasty.
  • tika76
    tika76 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    srenn9731 wrote: »
    Hi - I'm looking for some recipes for green smoothies; I just got a Ninja blender and am looking to try it out!
    I make juices a lot (mainly kale, spinach, lemon, ginger, and apple) - can I do the same for smoothies? Thank you!!

I do the above in green smoothies. I add coconut water, cucumber, to make it a little juicier. Which I had a juicer!

• katnoir1
    katnoir1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    simplegreensmoothies.com has some great ones. I've tried quite a few and find they're quite easy and tasty. I think they've got a recipe book out now too.
  • dfelt01
    dfelt01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just had one tonight the recipe makes enough for two 16 ounce portions. 1/2 avocado, 3 bananas, one handful spinach, 12 ice cubes, 2 cups coconut water, 2 tblsp honey, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp cayenne (that's optional).
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I make green smoothies in my Ninja blender all the time an it works great! This is what I usually put in mine:

1 frozen banana
    3/4 cup fat free milk
    1/2 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
    1.5 Tbsp PB2
    1/2 Tbsp (give or take) fat free vanilla pudding mix
    1/2 bag (2-3 oz) baby spinach
    ice cubes

Delicious!
  • jgyurich
    jgyurich Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    2 frozen bananas, 1 cup of original almond milk, and two handfuls of spinach and argula mix. Tastes like a banana milk shake and super filling. Usually my breakfast choice.
  • beasy22
    beasy22 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My favourite is banana, blueberrys, spinach and water. Delish!! :smile:
  • gotjunkmail13
    gotjunkmail13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That sounds great but add a tablespoon of almond butter and it's a whole new experience. :)
  • ltssharon
    ltssharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    1/3 cup orange juice,
    1/3 cup canned unsweeteded pineapple
    1 cup water
    1/4 of a fresh apple
    1/2 of a frozen ripe banana (very ripe is best)
    1 large carrott
    fresh kale leaves to taste

add more water as needed. I use a blender. Put the first three ingredients in. Start the blender. Take the cap of the lid off and feed the other stuff into the "funnel" as the blender keeps going. If the funnel starts to disappear, the blender will need a bit of water before you continue. Refrigerate til ice cold. Serve in wine glass with a spoon. Make it every day. Serves 2 - 3.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    • Kale
    • banana
    • cucumber
    • carrot
    • pear
    • coffee
    • ON Vanilla Ice Cream protein powder
    • ice cubes
    • sometimes a little almond milk.

When blueberries are cheap I add those as well.

Had you told me 3 years ago that I'd drink this concoction every day, I'd have called you crazy. But it's amazingly delicious!
  • squid_actually
    squid_actually Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Do you use instant coffee? And how much? I currently do a protein/coffee concoction and was wondering if I could add fruits and veg now that I have a blender or if that would be really weird.
  • natalielosew
    natalielosew Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have been making this smoothie all week and it is super filling. It makes about 2-2/12 servings per blend, so it is great to share! I have been drinking the entire thing as a breakfast and lunch combo. It is about 119 calories per serving, so if you like to eat a larger dinner, or snack a lot throughout the day (like I do!) this is perfect.

Produce
    1/2 cup Baby kale
    2 cups Baby spinach
    1 Banana, ripe
    1 cup Strawberries, frozen

Condiments
    1 1/2 tbsp Honey

Dairy
    1 5.3 oz light strawberry greek yogurt, light

Liquids
    2/3 cup Water

• tachapman1959
    tachapman1959 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My smoothies are usually
    1/2 frozen banana
    Serving of a second fruit
    1 cup of baby kale
    1/3 scoop of vanilla protein power
    Raw honey
    Bee pollen
    Some water and ice.
    I add the protein powder in the end, otherwise I think it gets too foamy/fluffy textured.