Are you totally naked when you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• Nanogg55
    Nanogg55 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Yep, naked and after the toilet. I take my glasses and hair scrunchie off too. Sometimes I catch myself breathing out when I step on the scales, especially if I overdid cals the day before. :smiley:
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    My scale fascinates me. I weigh up to a pound more straight out of bed naked than I do after my bath/shower 20 min later. If I haven't eaten heavy that day I sometimes weigh .5 less at night before bed. Um yes, I do spend too much time on the scale... does this mean I need a social life?
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    well i sleep nude so i just get up use the facilities and hop on the scale (usually after a shower, sometimes before if my dog is being persistent about needing out)
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    My scale fascinates me. I weigh up to a pound more straight out of bed naked than I do after my bath/shower 20 min later. If I haven't eaten heavy that day I sometimes weigh .5 less at night before bed. Um yes, I do spend too much time on the scale... does this mean I need a social life?

ha I've been down that road myself. I have an addictive personality so i fixate on things
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Just wondering how everyone weigh yourself? I did first thing when I woke up (after pee) and totally naked on scale but I assumed everyone did the same?

Yup. I even remove my glasses
  • J383
    J383 Posts: 4,573 Member
    Options
    Naked on the scale here, how I started on Day1.
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Why? Is someone watching!?

Post porcelain donation... totally nude.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    the thread is soooo long! Funny... :)

Naked here.. scale weight from clothing, shoes and underwear just ain't right !!!!
  • victorsparade
    victorsparade Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't really weigh myself... like, ever. But when I do, I usually have clothes and shoes on. Not like I'm ashamed of my body; I just don't like weighing myself. Okay maybe a little ashamed, but that's sexism for you.

Plus I don't own a scale, and they frown on you walking around naked at the gym. lol
  • wesleepuntilthesungoesdown
    Options
    yeah, I won't even put my contacts in - no idea what it says, I just like standing on it :smile:
  • gsnow597
    gsnow597 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Buck Naked!
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone waits until they've done a number 2. before they step on the scales, and if so, does it make a big/little difference?

I'm not going to force it but if it's in the chamber ready to fire I'll weigh after.

Not noticed any difference.

No because for me to go number two i need to drink a cup of coffee and at least 500ml of water before it's even an option for me. Plus I did it pre and post before to zero difference.
  • bigme3505
    bigme3505 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    No, only because my scale is directly in front a mirror. It wouldn't be a pretty sight to wake up to.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If you weigh yourself, poop, and then weigh yourself after, your weight will be up. Always. Scientific fact.

Nope. Not everyone is only stimulated to defecate following ingestion of additional food or liquids to their GIT. As such a person with no additional inputs, but a definite output, is going to weigh less. That is a scientific fact.

OT: When actively trying to lose weight? First thing upon waking, after urination, naked. When I'm not? Not usually, no.

haha, people missing the sarcasm, but no surprise there as it is text. Yes, it is a fact that I should weigh less after I poop, however, that isn't always the case (yay scale errors). Just having a little fun :smile:

I get sarcasm. But I also have a stick up my butt about the use of the words 'scientific' and 'fact' when it's not. The amount of A&P misinformation of teh [sic] interwebz means it will always be a rather large stick for me, too. :open_mouth: And I'm well aware that's my cross to bear/hill to die on in this day and age. So to occasionally relieve the pressure I FIFY when I see it and have the time to do so. It's nothing personal nor means I'm ignorant of original intent.

And you will indeed weigh more after a bowel movement if what you eat or drink prior to one happens to weigh more than what you eliminate. No scale error necessary. (:
  • tnjeditor
    tnjeditor Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Always.... so why the "totally" adjective? What is the difference between just saying naked vs. totally naked. How much more naked can you be once you are just naked? Its like, step 1 get naked. Step 2, get totally naked. Step 3 get completely and fully naked.
  • KlueBat
    KlueBat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Not quite naked, but undies and socks. I weigh in each morning right after going to the bathroom first thing in the morning.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Usually. And once upon a time, the first time I went under 150, I took a picture w/ my phone of the scale & posted it. Then quickly removed it when I realized if you looked closely, there as a reflection visible...
    Just wondering how everyone weigh yourself? I did first thing when I woke up (after pee) and totally naked on scale but I assumed everyone did the same?

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Yes, except for my glasses so that I can actually see the scale.
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Same here. That's the most reliable way if you are tracking because you remove the variable of clothing weight and lessen the variables of water retention and food weight. It's also better for the ego
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I take my bathrobe and shirt off.

Leave the rest on. I'm pretty sure my hair weighs more than the undies I have on. I'd have to shave my head to truly get an accurate number. So what's the point?