Dinner dilema!

Options
I only have a small window of time today between one work shift and another. so I don't have time to spend cooking from scratch.

Can anyone recommend a filling meal (sans vegetables ((yes I'm the devil))) for no more than 500cals!?

I fear if a enter a supermarket without a CLEAR plan of what I'm going in for, I will walk out with half of the baker isle!

any help much appreciated as always <3

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Buy some already cooked chicken breasts. Not the stuff with flour. The grilled stuff.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Do they sell pre-made sandwiches or sushi?
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Cheese, ground beef (lean, ground turkey, fajita type wraps, chicken breast, taco mix (or fajita mix), salsa, and eggs.

You've got the easy fixings for veggie-less tacos or fajitas (with beef or turkey), or burgers (just get the buns too). The cooking is reasonable with tacos or burgers, it's just the clean up that takes a little longer. You can make meatloaf on the weekend and portion it out for the rest of the week. Good luck! :smiley:
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Do they sell pre-made sandwiches or sushi?

^This. Lots of single prepared salads too. And some have salad bars (don't go crazy with higher calorie toppings though; prepared is easier to log).
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    No veggies? I'd get 2 pickled eggs from the deli (does that make me the devil?) and either some cottage cheese or yogurt.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    No veggies? I'd get 2 pickled eggs from the deli (does that make me the devil?) and either some cottage cheese or yogurt.

Doh, I missed the no veggies; ignore my salad suggestion.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I always go for a couple flavored tuna packets when I decide to get a quick supermarket lunch. Those are 100 or less calories each then maybe some string cheese and a banana or apple. Gets me full.
  • jmh_90
    jmh_90 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Tuna can mixed with a light dressing (something low fat) and/or mustard if you want. You can make a sandwich with it or just eat it like that. High in protein!