Good workout clothes on a college budget?

Options
2»

Replies

• ang5593
    ang5593 Posts: 16
    Options
    I had a friend recommend the Nike Free shoes. I decided to splurge on a pair (I'm a college student as well) and I absolutely LOVE them!
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Saucony or Brooks. I get last season's Sauconys at DSW and my mom has Brooks from Nordstrom Rack. They're both light and supportive, meant for running, not fashion.
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am a huge danskin lover!! I love their yoga capris and "fitness" flip flops. I'm barefoot almost all the time and I absolutely HATE shoes so if I am at work or running around all over the place I like those flip flops. I take them on moderate hikes all the time and can walk for miles in them without any kind of foot fatigue or leg cramping like I get with traditional shoes of any kind.
  • adagolden
    adagolden Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you live, but in Massachusetts we have a New Balance outlet. I got a pair of 90 dollar running shoes for 24 dollars. You might want to look into outlet stores, so worth it.

And I also got a lot of workout stuff at Target, they have Champion stuff and it's decent quality at a good price.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I second the people that said the outlet. I go to the Under Armour outlet in Plesant Prarie WI, and I got some shirts for 10 bucks! I also recently got running shorts for about 20.

As far as shoes go, I really like Nike Shoxx. They look ugly, but they are the most comfortable shoe ever!
  • its_betty
    its_betty Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Whatever you get, take care of it. Don't put workout clothes (unless it's a cotton tee shirt) or sports bras in the dryer. They dry fast anyway, and will last way longer.
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I got some nice workout pants on a Kohl's clearance rack for $8 and a really nice Fila shirt(retail $45) at TJ Maxx for $10. You just have to find the deals!!! TJ Maxx can be good about it but it just depends on the day you go, they also have name brand sports bra's for cheap I got a Nike one that retails for $40 for $14.99.