Is pregnancy effecting my workout or am i just weaker?

Options

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    If your doctor told you an hour is too excessive for you, then why are you not listening to him/her? Do you think he/she is saying it for no reason at all?

Yes, it's pregnancy related. Yes, you should scale back and listen to your doctor.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    OP, I'm sure it's pregnancy related. Your intensity is pretty low, so I doubt that has much to do with it, probably more related to calorie needs and a shift in your biological priorities.

On a side note, regardless of the perceived benefits (or lack there of) of medicine, doctors, etc... I love the fact that we all just assume more people is a good thing.

Yes, we know your child free, good job.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    OP, I'm sure it's pregnancy related. Your intensity is pretty low, so I doubt that has much to do with it, probably more related to calorie needs and a shift in your biological priorities.

On a side note, regardless of the perceived benefits (or lack there of) of medicine, doctors, etc... I love the fact that we all just assume more people is a good thing.

I have 2 kids, actually... which means I'm speaking from experience.

Thanks for playing, though.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »

I have 2 kids, actually... which means I'm speaking from experience.

Thanks for playing, though.

Ok
  • mrsaniamanning
    mrsaniamanning Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Are you suggesting i have this even if though what
    I am doing is moderate intensty?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

You can exercise moderately and still be exercising too much.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

It's more the fact that you aren't willing to stop doing it.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

It's more the fact that you aren't willing to stop doing it.

Even when a doctor tells you to stop.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

No it's not because your body is screaming out at you that it's too much

And your doctor has told you that even 2/3rds what you're doing is too much

And you have a responsibility to your unborn child, if you are planning to go to term of course

So you need to get a referral and get some expert help because this thread is deeply concerning
  • mrsaniamanning
    Options
    There should be no concern i am just wondering why sonething that was a breeze for me for so many years has become difficult all of a sudden and i see pregnant moms walking out of the gym or lifting weights and i even saw a mom with a six pack online that made me wonder why walking with incline is bad.. My mom even hiked up a 14er a week before my birth so thats why i am just wondering :/ i dont want anyone to be concerned i am just curious.. I have trust issues with all doctors because they have given me false diagnostics in the past that made things way worse
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Talk about coming out of left field. OP was asking about fatigue/strength issues. Not whether or not she should have the kid. What the hell man. :confused:
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

Talk about coming out of left field. OP was asking about fatigue/strength issues. Not whether or not she should have the kid. What the hell man. :confused:

Sorry, maybe I should have directed my comments more clearly. The first was directed at the op. The second was at the folks arguing about the merits of medicine/doctors/etc.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Sorry, maybe I should have directed my comments more clearly. The first was directed at the op. The second was at the folks arguing about the merits of medicine/doctors/etc.

Don't forget history teachers.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

People are arguing the merits of doctors in here???

Where?

:huh:
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

Where?

There was a lot of it on here. Apparently the mods deleted it all. There was some nutbag going on about how doctors are snake oil peddlers.
  • mrsaniamanning
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

Where?

There was a lot of it on here. Apparently the mods deleted it all. There was some nutbag going on about how doctors are snake oil peddlers.
    wow i missed this lol bummer!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options
    There should be no concern i am just wondering why sonething that was a breeze for me for so many years has become difficult all of a sudden and i see pregnant moms walking out of the gym or lifting weights and i even saw a mom with a six pack online that made me wonder why walking with incline is bad.. My mom even hiked up a 14er a week before my birth so thats why i am just wondering :/ i dont want anyone to be concerned i am just curious.. I have trust issues with all doctors because they have given me false diagnostics in the past that made things way worse

Honey, are you dense? Pregnancy takes a huge toll on a woman and affects every woman differently. Just because your mom/grandma/sister/friend did something some way while SHE was pregnant. Doesn't mean you can. I got blasted by tons of women when I was pregnant because I stopped working at 8 months pregnant, while they worked up until a day before they were due. They didn't take into account I was working an extremely physically demanding job while they sat at desks.
  • mrsaniamanning
    Options

Honey, are you dense? Pregnancy takes a huge toll on a woman and affects every woman differently. Just because your mom/grandma/sister/friend did something some way while SHE was pregnant. Doesn't mean you can. I got blasted by tons of women when I was pregnant because I stopped working at 8 months pregnant, while they worked up until a day before they were due. They didn't take into account I was working an extremely physically demanding job while they sat at desks.

aw well i mean i understand that every woman is different but i guess that my main surprise is that i am only in my first trimester and i didn't expect to be huffing and puffing until my third :/ lol but yes i get a lot of crap from my mom for it
  • jacksonpt
    Options

I think you're making a lot of assumptions and/or missing a lot of context.

You're doing something, it's just harder than it used to be. You see pregnant people walking out of the gym... do you assume it's not harder for them, as well? Do you think they are doing the same exercises at the same intensities they were before?
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options

aw well i mean i understand that every woman is different but i guess that my main surprise is that i am only in my first trimester and i didn't expect to be huffing and puffing until my third :/ lol but yes i get a lot of crap from my mom for it

My first trimester I was so sick and weak. My second trimester I got my energy back. My third trimester I got sick and weak and tired again