What Im Doing To Release Weight #2016

Options
Hey Everyone,

Just thought I'd put this out there for whoever is curious about what I am doing for my first month in my journey.

Highest Weight: 350
Starting Weight: 344.6
Goal Weight: 200

Meal Plan:
Intermittent Fasting 16:8
1200 Calories
2 Meal Replacement Shakes
1 Balanced Meal with Veggie Meat
Lots of Water
1 Cheat Day Every 14 days

Exercise Plan
20 minutes any Exercise/ 3 x a Week

Please Feel free to add me and Share what you guys are doing as well!!!

Replies

• Marianna93637
    Marianna93637 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do what I did last year, pretty much.
    Nov. 2014 starting weight: 184 lb
    June 2015 end weight (not goal) 151 lb
    goal weight was 145 lb

Now: starting weight 160 lb (yes, I gained back 9 lbs :()
    goal weight: 145 lb (plan to achieve it by end of March)

1300 calories
    6 meals / day (breakfast, lunch, dinner, 3 snacks)
    1 cheat day every week, sometimes 2 cheat days are ok (when I did that I was still losing 2lb / week)
    more water
    eat back 50-75 % of the exercise calories

at least 3 Zumba classes / week, every week (I have been doing this for over a year, when I stopped going I started gaining the weight back)
    get back to jogging 3 times / week
    walk 5-7 / week (doggies)
    would be nice to squeeze in 1 yoga class / week
    need to do weights! I'm lazy and not very motivated when it comes to doing weights. I've been doing them more regularly than before for about a month, I need to make it better
  • Marianna93637
    Marianna93637 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    By the way I like how you said 'release weight'. Losing weight means you might be sorry for losing something, but releasing means setting it free :)
  • amoracherise2
    amoracherise2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do what I did last year, pretty much.
    Nov. 2014 starting weight: 184 lb
    June 2015 end weight (not goal) 151 lb
    goal weight was 145 lb

Now: starting weight 160 lb (yes, I gained back 9 lbs :()
    goal weight: 145 lb (plan to achieve it by end of March)

1300 calories
    6 meals / day (breakfast, lunch, dinner, 3 snacks)
    1 cheat day every week, sometimes 2 cheat days are ok (when I did that I was still losing 2lb / week)
    more water
    eat back 50-75 % of the exercise calories

at least 3 Zumba classes / week, every week (I have been doing this for over a year, when I stopped going I started gaining the weight back)
    get back to jogging 3 times / week
    walk 5-7 / week (doggies)
    would be nice to squeeze in 1 yoga class / week
    need to do weights! I'm lazy and not very motivated when it comes to doing weights. I've been doing them more regularly than before for about a month, I need to make it better

Your on the right track,!!! One day at a time!!!
  • amoracherise2
    amoracherise2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    By the way I like how you said 'release weight'. Losing weight means you might be sorry for losing something, but releasing means setting it free :)

Yes!!! I have no hopes of finding anything I deliberately and willing let go!! And this is the main thing once it's gone I only want to 'find' myself!! Thank you!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Calorie intake of 1,300-1,500/day. Light exercise throughout the week. Practicing moderation, so I can enjoy foods I want regularly; I don't like the concept of "cheating". Creating sustainable changes, and losing the weight slowly and steadily.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to eat to live not live to eat!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I'm doing what I did when I started. Eating in a deficit (currently at 1380 calories), exercising as I can, which will increase at the end of the month. Focus on nutrition-especially protein-and leave room for ice cream. I find no need to "cheat", as this is how I plan to eat for the rest of my life.
  • 20months
    20months Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I'm doing what I did when I started. Eating in a deficit (currently at 1380 calories), exercising as I can, which will increase at the end of the month. Focus on nutrition-especially protein-and leave room for ice cream. I find no need to "cheat", as this is how I plan to eat for the rest of my life.

This I like!
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Sticking to my deficit to lose 5 more lbs before starting maintenance. I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks and average 1400cals. I go a bit heavier on protein and always leave some calories for a nighttime treat. I lift weights 3xs/wk and do 30mins of cardio 1x/wk. Down 30lbs so far!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Eat all foods with moderation and add a little exercise. This is my life long plan. Life's too short not to eat ice cream. So many flavors not enough time.
  • kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Eat all foods with moderation and add a little exercise. This is my life long plan. Life's too short not to eat ice cream. So many flavors not enough time.

Agreed:)
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

Perfect.

I do this as well. Stressing about what to eat and what not to eat is a thing of the past. Sticking to my calories and keeping my deficit is my goal, as it was before as is exercising for health. No stress over so-called 'clean eating' or being obsessive over exercise... I want to enjoy my life-long journey, not make it so hard that it would be easy to give up and slip into old ways.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    1200 is really low for your weight (not trying to be rude). I'd increase you calories so you don't crash and burn.
  • hobbeskastiel
    hobbeskastiel Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    1200 is really low for your weight (not trying to be rude). I'd increase you calories so you don't crash and burn.

I agree. Starting higher and lowering it as you go might be easier to maintain. Either way, good luck!
  • ashleyjongepier
    ashleyjongepier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    HW- 365 lbs
    CW - 216 lbs

Eating 1500-1800 depending on how much I work out. Working out 30-60 minutes a day plus yoga in the AM and restorative yoga in the PM. Mostly using fitnessblender cause I love those guys! Eating whole foods, not loads of anything processed, "cheat" meal every second friday (normally pizza). Just trying to focus on over all health and sustainable habits.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    First 32 days of counting calories:

Start weight: 210.2 pounds
    End weight: 202.0 pounds

Shot for 1 pound/week loss
    Shot for 1600 calories/day, +/- 100 calories
    Average: 1828

Exercise:
    Cleaned snow off vehicle x 2 (~1 hour total)
    Went grocery shopping x 2 (~1 hour walking per trip)

What I ate:
    What I always do. I eliminated nothing. I did not avoid any food or group of foods. I did not change any of my holiday traditions like making and eating posole plus Texas flour tortilla Christmas Eve and NYE, queso and corn tortilla chips on NYD, or cheddar Lit'l smokies in blankets for Christmas Day breakfast.

I always have eaten supper. I started eating breakfast every day. I eat 1-3 other times during the day that are more snack-like than a meal, usually something around mid-day and something in the late evening/before bedtime.

The only real change I made was I started purposely drinking hot water (because I won't drink as much if it's cold these days is the only reason why hot) instead of hot tea with a tablespoon of heavy cream for every drink beyond the first mug of tea in the morning.

I don't engage in "cheat days".
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I like your positive attitude!

For me though, I don't like to set a lot of "rules" I have to follow. I like flexibility! My plan is just to eat what I want within my calorie goal, try to exercise regularly, and not beat myself up when I'm not perfect.

Also, not really my business, but I agree that 1200 calories sounds low based on your stats. I'm 5'2", 164 lbs, and I net about 1400 most days. I've lost 40+ pounds in 6 months this way.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

This^
    (Except I save room for dark chocolate).

The problem with temporary changes, or elimination diets is they don't really give you the tools needed to maintain the weight you lost.

1200 is a product of "I want to lose xx pounds per week." It's the lowest minimum default. Many women "get" this limit because weekly weight loss goals are too high. 1200 is more appropriate for older or very petite women (who don't burn as much).
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

This is me as well.

Moderation of all foods, work on fitness.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,740 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hey Everyone,
    Just thought I'd put this out there for whoever is curious about what I am doing for my first month in my journey.
    Highest Weight: 350
    Starting Weight: 344.6
    Goal Weight: 200
    Meal Plan:
    Intermittent Fasting 16:8
    1200 Calories
    2 Meal Replacement Shakes
    1 Balanced Meal with Veggie Meat
    Lots of Water
    1 Cheat Day Every 14 days
    Exercise Plan
    20 minutes any Exercise/ 3 x a Week
    Please Feel free to add me and Share what you guys are doing as well!!!

Sounds like a very professionally prepared plan, and I certainly would not discourage anyone from implementing a plan that they have arrived at after weighting all the pros and cons of the various options.

Knowing what I do now, if I were advising a 340lb friend on how to get to 200lbs I would say the following:

Eating 80% of their Total Daily Energy expenditure (i.e. a 20% deficit) is as fast as most people should go. While still medically obese, increasing that to a 25% deficit would probably be ok.

For most people a loss of 0.75% of their body weight per week is as fast as they should go. While morbidly obese a loss rate of up to 1% or 1.5% may be acceptable.

However, these maximum loss rates are often needlessly hard on people and result in discouragement, burn out, and waking up one day cursing the whole process.

Why don't you figure out what your caloric needs would be as a sedentary person at your goal weight of 200lbs?
    At 340lbs you will still see excellent results if you eat that amount of food.

As you get closer to 200lbs your rate of loss will slow down; but, by then, you will also be physically able to boost your activity and exercise levels to increase your deficit.

And figuring out how to remain satisfied eating day in and day out (and forever) the amount of food you will be eating to maintain your weight at 200lbs is an invaluable exercise in and of itself. Much more valuable than hitting the shakes. Honestly: eat your calories, drink water. much more filling. Eat a bunch of apples that are worth the same calories as your shake plus a couple of cups of water and tell me which keeps you full longer.

And, while there are great arguments that exist for a re-feed day if you are doing a very low calorie diet (and a 1200 Cal diet IS very low calories for a 340lb person) , cheat days have connotations that are not very good, and introduce planned binges, which are also not very good.

Life will happen. Friends will show up. You will go to a movie. A relative will have a birthday. A business lunch or dinner engagement will have to be navigated.

At some point of time you will have a large meal and your day will end up with your calories being above where you expected them to be.

You do need to plan to keep these occurrences to a dull roar; I doubt you need to plan to go out looking for them every 14 days :smiley:

Carb cycling, intermittent fasting, a lot of tricks exist to improve on your results and to make advances at the margins. However, between 340lbs and 200lbs you are not at the margins. The basics will work absolutely fine in this range. Your biggest danger is burn-out and non-compliance as opposed to your body not cooperating in the shedding of the lbs.

As for exercise I would definitely look to increasing activity as opposed to looking for "exercise". WALKING not jogging should be your focus for the next 50+lbs, or even more. Swimming. In general activities that are easy on the joints and in particular the knees.

And to be very honest and based on personal experience I would start with increasing my walking activity. Walk in the house. Walk while talking on the phone. *kitten*-can the TV and in particular *kitten*-can eating in front of the TV. Walk to the store. For that matter walk anywhere you can. Adopt an imaginary dog and take him for a walk twice a day. When it gets easy... then it is time to increase the intensity!

And you may want to consider than the 150-160g of protein you should probably be eating to protect your existing lean mass are going to be very hard to swing on a 1200 Cal diet.

So yeah. You are embarking on a multi-year healthier living journey with, hopefully, no end for many years to come.

Even this very first phase of your journey, the big weight loss, is a 2+ year endeavour.

Make it easy on yourself. You don't need to starve in order to get to maintenance (the longest part of your journey) a few months sooner.

But you do need to spend this time implementing permanent changes to your relationship between food, activity level/movement, and exercise.

Best of luck!