I'm 5'9" ..what's a good goal weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Back on topic - Vespiquenn is right, look into a progressive load program like strong lifts, strong curves or new rules of lifting for women. If you don't have access to equipment right now look into body weight programs like you are your own gym or convict conditioning.

And Vespi - you rule sweetie <3

This? https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/bodyweight-training-you-are/id416981420?mt=8 Looks good!!

Yup! That's it! When I first started exercising I used to do YAYOG 3-5 times a week.

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Everyone will look differently at different weights. I'm 5'8/135 lbs
  • bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Thanks Strong_curves! You're awesome. Gonna get it for sure!! I won't have access to more weights and equipment for a couple months at least. This will be something new and fun to get into in the meantime!

Wow 135... I'd LOVE to weigh that little :P I guess that's a good point. People are built differently.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    @rabbitjb you're 5'8", right?

Yeah ..I'm 5'8 ..at goal at 160lbs (+/- 3lbs) and around 23% body fat ...I would be uncomfortable weighing less or looking slimmer ..I'm a UK 10 (US 6) and it suits my frame

For me progressive resistance was key to being happy in my body
  • codsterlaing95
    codsterlaing95 Posts: 221 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    It's all about how much lean mass and how slim (bf %) you want. Women ideally want to stay between 20-25% bf; men at 10-15% bf.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    It's all about how much lean mass and how slim (bf %) you want. Women ideally want to stay between 20-25% bf; men at 10-15% bf.

You know your BF ranges are a little prescriptive there and do not include age determinants

0914WHObodyfat.jpg

Although the body fat definition of obesity is not substantiated on WHO / research I believe this is a good guideline
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    That's a great guide there, @rabbitjb . Our body fat content varies quite a bit. I'm 5'9", but my body fat is 32%.. within the healthy range both listed here & in the US Army. Yet I weigh 202 lbs! I've got 138 lbs of lean mass. Obviously, for me, a goal weight of 150 would be absurd. My goal is 180.
  • bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I am definitely trying to focus more on fitness and toning than the scale. I've seen people make amazing changes, get way slimmer and have muscle definition and still be the same weight! It's crazy.
  • michaelar_ae
    michaelar_ae Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my goal is 140. I was 150 5 years ago and was happy, but felt I could lose a little more