Great meals at Skinnytaste

Options
2»

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    lucys1225 wrote: »

My family loves this. It's the best beef stew I've ever had.

BTW, I'm pretty sure she lost her weight using WW and is maintaining (and has for years) by continuing to feed herself and her family healthy, homemade foods.
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I love Skinnytaste! My favorites are the Crockpot 3 Bean Turkey Chili and Lasagna Soup. YUM!
  • CrystalArmstrong1
    CrystalArmstrong1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the info! I've never heard of the site and went to check it out just now... omg it all looks and sounds so good. I've already got a recipe picked out for tomorrow night lol! :p
  • stefanyjoy
    stefanyjoy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nuke_64 wrote: »
    ****Please pardon my rant***I really hate the name. The author appears to be a very skinny, but not unhealthy, women who never appears to have had a weight issue. ***ranting

She used to be on WW for a weight issue, and was inspired to make the blog due to her lack of satisfaction for "diet" recipes. I highly recommend her cookbook.
  • midge_m
    midge_m Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Anyone make the crockpot bolognese? I. Am thinking to try it tomorrow with zoodles.
  • Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    stefanyjoy wrote: »
    Nuke_64 wrote: »
    ****Please pardon my rant***I really hate the name. The author appears to be a very skinny, but not unhealthy, women who never appears to have had a weight issue. ***ranting

She used to be on WW for a weight issue, and was inspired to make the blog due to her lack of satisfaction for "diet" recipes. I highly recommend her cookbook.

I have it too and recommend it as well.
  • Patriceswan
    Patriceswan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been using her recipes for about six months. I have yet to make a bad one. I find her portion sizes pretty generous.,but I do increase them for my husband. Her recipes don't taste like diet food they make it easy to stick to a food plan. We love the stuffed pepper soup; her chicken enchiladas are amazing!
  • kristn__
    kristn__ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The Kung Pao Zoodles are delicious!
  • mrspotts45
    mrspotts45 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So glad i came across this post. Never tried her recipes but going to check them out now. I'm tired of making the same old stuff and need some new ideas
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    kristn__ wrote: »
    The Kung Pao Zoodles are delicious!

So good!
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Yep. I've been using her meal recipes for a while and they're really good. The last one I made was Shepard's pie! My boyfriend loved it.

I love to bake so I'm going to try some of her baking recipes. We'll see how good they are
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Love her recipes, nothing so far that I didn't like, some have turned into regular favourites in my house like the chicken fajitas and I also love the spinach and butternut squash salad with gorgonzola crumbles (although I substituted for low fat feta).
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I love, love love her enchilada recipes! Also really like the chicken pot pie soup and bbq chicken chili! I have not found one of her recipes that I didn't like!
  • bromelus2013
    bromelus2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    mrspotts45 wrote: »
    So glad i came across this post. Never tried her recipes but going to check them out now. I'm tired of making the same old stuff and need some new ideas

Yesterday, I prepared 6 of her recipes for the upcoming week. And they taste really good! For example, I made chocolate creme pie out of tofu! It tasted kinda like those Jello-creme pies. Only be mindful of the ingredients that you have to pay for.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Love her cheeseburger casserole and the butternut squash lasagna rollups. I plan to try them sometime using pumpkin. I haven't had one of her recipes that has disappointed me yet, though!
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to hop in and say that I love her site. I've been using it off and on since 2012 and I have both of her cookbooks (which contain recipes not found on the site).

Not really sold on the name, but I get that it comes from a good place and she wasn't trying to slight anyone with it.

Personally, I love the chicken enchilada recipe, the cauliflower potato soup recipe and a lot of the "hey, get your kids to eat veggies" recipes. :D
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to hop in and say that I love her site. I've been using it off and on since 2012 and I have both of her cookbooks (which contain recipes not found on the site).

Not really sold on the name, but I get that it comes from a good place and she wasn't trying to slight anyone with it.

Personally, I love the chicken enchilada recipe, the cauliflower potato soup recipe and a lot of the "hey, get your kids to eat veggies" recipes. :D

Yes! My kid will go to town on the various veggie tots.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    On of my faves of hers are the barbacoa beef, cilantro lime rice and corn salsa. I will make these on the weekend and we have burrito bowls for the whole week!
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    My favorite is the Quinoa Enchilada Bake.

But I only make it when hubby is TDY. Because it's a royal pain in the *kitten* to make and then he eats half the pan in one sitting.

This is one of my faves, as well. I make a double batch and freeze it in individual portions for work lunches.