Is it enough carbs?

Options
I have found a book whole30. I did it and I felt amazing, I didn't have a migraine during a period first time in years ( I didn't it any sugar).
Now I work out ( weight training) and I was wondering how many of you work out, do weight training on low carb diet.
Most of my carbs come from sweet patatoe and vegetables . During a program I didn't eat bread, pasta, oatmeal, rice, quinoa, beans. When I counted my carbs, it showed me I had enough. I was wondering if I will be able to lift heavy while not eating carbs I meantioned.
I tried to eat oatmeal in the morning, but I have noticed that I have cravings for other carbs and sweets. When I don't eat it, I don't crave it.
Thanks

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Eh. I get most of my carbs from vegetables and treats. I don't eat things you mentioned either (on a regular basis) and I've been lifting heavy just fine.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You are doing fine.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    If you feel fine, then you probably are!

I'm sorry about the migraine, but I don't think it's from a lack of carbohydrates. Did you also cut out coffee?
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    There's plenty of carbs with the whole30, but not simple carbs. I work out very hard. Not a problem.
  • anetap2000
    anetap2000 Posts: 116 Member
    Options

I'm sorry about the migraine, but I don't think it's from a lack of carbohydrates. Did you

I'm sorry about the migraine, but I don't think it's from a lack of carbohydrates. Did you also cut out coffee?

I figure out that sugar is a trigger.