Struggling

Options
Hi
I am struggling to lose weight, I exercise and eat health (do have the odd treat) but am struggling and just want to get back into my smaller clothes.

Any help or advice will be very welcome

Thank you

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You may be eating healthy, but are you eating in a calorie deficit?
  • runningkaty
    runningkaty Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes eating in calorie deficit, when I press complete entry it says I'm not eating enough and eat between 1,000 - 1,200 calories a day, plus burn some off with exercise.
  • malibu927
    Options
    How are you measuring your intake? You should be eating at least 1200 net calories every day, but you also need to make sure your logging is accurate (using a food scale to weigh everything, only eating back some of your exercise calories).

Also what are your stats and how long has it been since you've lost weight?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What exactly are you struggling with? Do you weigh all your food, and log everything you eat, using correct entries? Do you feel it's hard to resist temptations? Do you have any injuries that makes moving difficult/painful? Other issues?
  • Luciiisekk
    Luciiisekk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh Katy.Please don't follow myfitnesspal calories. FIND maintenance calorie calculator and then play with those numbers. You're not losing weight because you're not eating enough. :)
  • malibu927
    Options
    Luciiisekk wrote: »
    Oh Katy.Please don't follow myfitnesspal calories. FIND maintenance calorie calculator and then play with those numbers. You're not losing weight because you're not eating enough. :)

If she weren't eating enough, she would be losing weight
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options

Nope, "information" like that is more likely one of the reasons why she's struggling.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

lol, was this a joke?
  • HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    Options

Nope. Eating to much is how you get overweight why would it make you lose weight. Sarvation mode is a common myth.
  • HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am struggling to lose weight, I exercise and eat health (do have the odd treat) but am struggling and just want to get back into my smaller clothes.

Any help or advice will be very welcome

Thank you

Can you actually supply details height, weight, age, diet break down, type of exercise. There isn't much we can say other than check your numbers and eat a deficit.