Sued0nim
Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
Everybody given up giving up stuff?

My gym is normal :open_mouth:

Replies

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    And you are complaining about this, LOL?
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I get in by 6am, a tad bit more people on treadmills and ellipticals. No one new in the weight room.
    I recall after work when it would be really crowded from years before.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    No, no...not complaining :bigsmile:

It's just very different from last year
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My gym isn't busier than normal either. Maybe people have given up. :o
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Mine was packed, and a bunch of people were getting tours.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    My gym is a university rec center. The students don't come back for another 10 days. At that point it will be a madhouse. Last year I saw lines 5-6 people deep at the squat racks. Literal lines like at Disney World. So weird. They've added more this year so hopefully that will help. (This is why I do my big lifting at home.)
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    No my gym has been packed since Jan 2 with the resolutioners (is that a word). I am thinking by March the heard should be cleared out.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Valentines day usually :)
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    My gym is noticably busier - but the bulk of the increased activity confine themselves to elliptical machines and treadmills, so I haven't been terribly affected.

At worst, it's making the relatively small locker room a bit more cramped
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed any big wave of newbies yet either.
    Weird.
    Maybe they're just late?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    This week on Tues and Thursday the hour before close my gym was LESS busy. Am curious to see what's going on on the weekend.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Valentines day usually :)

You are probably right. I was giving the newbies the benefit of the doubt that they might stick with it for a bit.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    my virginia gym was PACKED on Monday - I walked by the DC location on Wednesday after work and said "nope. that place is a mad house." I've spent the week with my boyfriend so I haven't been to the gym by my house yet - there was a increase in December so I'd image that there will a be an increase there too.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    It seems my commercial gym has shifted it's focus away from 1-on-1 training to "Team-Training" the majority of the classes are in the evening hours. I go to the gym at the wee hours of the morning 4am.

Also in my small town a new "box gym" has opened up......it's not a Cross Fit gym but it's all centered around the "team training" aspect as well.

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I go in the mornings and it is the normal crowd a few new faces here and there. I am sure the evenings are packed at my gym. That's why I don't go in the evening.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    I noticed this myself, but it could be the time of day for me since I go late afternoon. I'm guessing the evening classes are probably much busier.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I was wondering about this too. Other than the regular college students that are back from winter break my gym has been pretty empty up until today.

ETA: maybe more people are opting to workout at home.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Everyone decides to stay home and work out bc they spent to much at Christmas for a membership? I decide not to do another year at mine bc I work out at home more plus I could have my treadmill by now... So I will save for my treadmill instead.
  • murph155
    murph155 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My gym is always busy, but the parking lot this week is a nightmare; same as last year. Like Char231023 said, should thin out by the end of next month.