French girl getting started with mfp

Options
Hi!
I'm a 36 years old mom of 2 small daughters.
I've been obese all of my adult life.
When I was young, I was a BMX champion, but tough life events created eating disorders in my head. I gained loads of weight. My weight grew, fed not only food but also loads of hate and humiliations by bullies, especially in sports class.
I grew appart from sports, and became comfortable in my "fat girl" position in society.
6 years ago, I didn't recognize myself anymore, and I had bariatric surgery. I lost 40 kilos before getting pregnant of my first daughter. Weight loss then stopped. I spent the last 4 years learning to eat healthy, because I wanted to do things right for my girls.
I also kicked out, one by one my food and drinks addictions, the hardest one to get rid of was soda, especially coke zero. I also had to learn to like veggies, it was a whole lot of work. Undoing years of eating disorders and building instead a healthy lifestyle.
Now, I'm all clean food wise, and I enjoy it. I cook very well, and I even learned to grow our own veggies.
Last year, I was craving sports. I started with yoga. It felt liberating, and uplifting. Yoga made me feel like doing more, getting more confident. I started a beginners running group, but I was really crap.
At the same time, we transformed our attic into a small gym. I love weightlifting, compound exercises, fitness in general. It is so fulfilling. The hardest part for me is to contain myself, and not do too much as after that I litteraly die from soreness. That, and also making time for it, as I have to combine work, small kids, home stuff, you know the drill. I was really bummed out about not being able to run on my own, so I went to try rugby, all of a sudden. And that was the most terrifying and amazing experience. I'm now doing rugby training for 4 months.
I lose weight, but not as fast as I'd expect, given the amount of exercise I do.
For 1,5 months now, I'm running for real. (To my own amazement). I ran 36minutes straight on my last run, and that's an achievement for me! After 23 years without any sports, I now do running 3 times a week, rugby twice a week and weightlifting twice a week.
I'm here to find cool exercises, and food tips: I'm a real carbs lover....ahem.
Apart from all this, well, I'm a writer, translator, I love tattoos, crochet, cooking, and dancing. I used to do some plus size modeling, but the older I get and the less it attracts me. I live close to Amsterdam in Europe, but I enjoy the occasional escape to Paris to dance and drink.

Replies

• SpaceF1sh
    SpaceF1sh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What's up? Good post! Congratulations on your progress thus far. Sounds like you lead a pretty active life!
  • cocoricocogirl
    cocoricocogirl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    SpaceF1sh wrote: »
    What's up? Good post! Congratulations on your progress thus far. Sounds like you lead a pretty active life!

Thanks! I'm reaching all in all the 50 kilos weight loss, so, yeah, progress is definitely going great. My life is too active, it's a real headache to combine all the stuff I wanna do!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and and thank you for sharing your story!
  • cocoricocogirl
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Manly_hood
    Manly_hood Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Your story is very motivating, good luck with your journey.
  • cocoricocogirl
    Options
    Thank you minujijin.
    I'm actually writing about it, my story is my next novel.
  • amena0829
    amena0829 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You will do amazing!