Cooking shows- I'm hooked

Options
Since I started dieting, I became hooked on cooking shows such as Top Chef and Masterchef. I feel that if I can't eat it, T least let me watch it :) Anyone else?

Replies

• alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I love cooking shows. They're pretty interesting and at times give me ideas for recipes. Though, if I want to eat something I will make it fit in the daily calorie allotment. Yesterday for lunch I had a double steak burger and cheese from Steak 'n Shake. Kept within my calories for the day and loooved my lunch.
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Oh - and iron chef? GREAT show IMO. Check it out if you haven't!
  • jpvanzut
    jpvanzut Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    haha -Yes!
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Go look up Good Eats. Alton Brown is like Mr. Wizard with food!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Love ALTON! He has an episode of weight loss thats pretty good witg some great lower cal options. I just watched his episode on makong protein bars the other day too.

I love watchong cooking shows, but it usually makes me hungry, lol!
  • Piggytummy
    Piggytummy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love these shows - and also am a trained chef! You may think you cant eat those things but theres totally ways to jazz up 'healthy' food to where you think youre eating from a fancy restaurant! I have started some cooking videos and plan to start doing at least one a week! my blog is piggytummy.com if you wanted recipe inspiration and hopefully ill start getting to making more videos..
  • meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm on the treadmill every day watching cooking shows. It's madness
  • ydyms
    ydyms Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm on the treadmill every day watching cooking shows. It's madness
    That's part of my motivation to get me on the treadmill :) At least something works :)
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    ydyms wrote: »
    Since I started dieting, I became hooked on cooking shows such as Top Chef and Masterchef. I feel that if I can't eat it, T least let me watch it :) Anyone else?

Yep, me! I have "The great British bake off" on my ipod and a 55/58 min episode is just the right length for a stationary bike ride! I feel totally silly watching reruns of a cooking show :smile:
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I love cooking shows. MasterChef Junior amazes me when I watch it. To see 8 -12 year olds cook the way they do is amazing.

I am watching Top Chef as I type this. It's great too.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Watched them even before MFP but now I'm finding myself mentally calculating the calories of every dish they're making.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Piggytummy wrote: »
    I love these shows - and also am a trained chef! You may think you cant eat those things but theres totally ways to jazz up 'healthy' food to where you think youre eating from a fancy restaurant! I have started some cooking videos and plan to start doing at least one a week! my blog is piggytummy.com if you wanted recipe inspiration and hopefully ill start getting to making more videos..

I found you! Thanks. Will check it out. I am a foodie big time.