Anybody Doing The Soup Diet (that has a BMI of 22-23%)

Options
13»

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Virkati wrote: »
    I looked at your pictures. And while they aren't full body, you can clearly see your collar bones, you do not have a second, third, or fourth chin. There are no obvious signs of extra weight AND your food diary is empty. If you want to go on a soup diet, go for it. But you don't seem to really be doing it to lose fat. It seems more like an attempt for attention.

I don't know if she means a BMI of 22-23, or a bodyfat percentage of 22-23% (because BMI isn't measured in percentage and has no correlation whatsoever to bodyfat). Either way, a BMI of 22-23 is within the normal range and a BF% of 22-23 is within the "fitness" range for a woman.
  • Leka1000
    Leka1000 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Virkati wrote: »
    I looked at your pictures. And while they aren't full body, you can clearly see your collar bones, you do not have a second, third, or fourth chin. There are no obvious signs of extra weight AND your food diary is empty. If you want to go on a soup diet, go for it. But you don't seem to really be doing it to lose fat. It seems more like an attempt for attention.

I decided not to do it and guess what happend last night omg! I got home from work after having soup 3 times and i gorged on crackers and coupe cookies, then some suckers the fries and nuggets with sauce then Subway for a bed snack!

Yes my collar bones are visable :) I meant 22-23% for fat percentage on my body. It seems to sit in back of thighs and belly for me....I hoping too much that the soup diet would help - I had a dumb moment lol.

Healthy calories, balanced diet, cardio, weights for me! I want the fat gone cause I am a good weight so....focus on diet first then weights then cardio.
  • Leka1000
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Leka1000 wrote: »
    Day 7 is back to 1500cals a day approx...of healthy foods. No chips, cake, candy, reg pop, juice, chocolate, icecream. None!

That sounds horrible!!!
    What crime did you commit to be punished so?

I have diabetes type 1. I will eat these later though, in a month or so. I just wanna try life without. It really helps manage diabetes by avoiding these too so...
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    If you have diabetes, I would think it's even more important to adhere to a healthy diet rather than a restrictive one. I'm not diabetic, but wouldn't that cause problems with your blood sugar? Might also have played into why you gorged on unhealthy foods. Of course, anyone who's restricting themselves like that would eat ALL THE COOKIES after a few days.
  • Leka1000
    Options
    htimpaired wrote: »
    If you have diabetes, I would think it's even more important to adhere to a healthy diet rather than a restrictive one. I'm not diabetic, but wouldn't that cause problems with your blood sugar? Might also have played into why you gorged on unhealthy foods. Of course, anyone who's restricting themselves like that would eat ALL THE COOKIES after a few days.

Nope, you adjust your insulin for it. But yes I agree, prob all the cookies be gone!!!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    BMI is a number not a percentage
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Bloating...I feel bloated and super full a lot after eating bread, so I rarely eat it. Makes me uncomfortable, especially sitting at my desk at work. I eat lots of grains from other sources.

If you are considering doing an elimination diet it's really important to use logs. Have you done them before? When determining hidden food allergies we use 14 day diet logs. You log everything you eat, and also log symptoms you experience after your meal. You also log medication. Then the allergist reviews it to see if there is any patterns. Once you complete this log you decide from it what to allergy test. An intolerance is addressed in basically the same way. The important part is to eat normally, and track normally.

It might be helpful to talk to your doctor about doing one. They are easier if you have someone who is trained that can help you. Especially since you are also diabetic they will know what is a typical symptom from your medication.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Day 7 is back to 1500cals a day approx...of healthy foods. No chips, cake, candy, reg pop, juice, chocolate, icecream. None!

So 4 days of soup and then 1500 calorie days of an ELIMINATION diet.

I eat mostly "healthy" foods. I make room for treats while losing weight, because I figure knowing portion sizes and calories are before I get to maintenance will be helpful.

Elimination diets very often lead to re-gaining the weight you lost.
  • Leka1000
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

So 4 days of soup and then 1500 calorie days of an ELIMINATION diet.
    What? I never said 4 days of soup then 1500 calorie days of an Elimation Diet.

It was acutally 1 morning and afternoon of soup then pig out and now im eating 1500 cals a day but im not having any "junk" (take it as you like)til the end of the month. I will work treats back in...I had too many treats over the holiday and don't deserve any for January!

I eat mostly "healthy" foods. I make room for treats while losing weight, because I figure knowing portion sizes and calories are before I get to maintenance will be helpful.

Elimination diets very often lead to re-gaining the weight you lost.