Do you pay attention to macros?

Options
2»

Replies

• FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Pay attention to them? Yes.

Micro analyze them and freak out if I'm 10 grams over on carbs and 3 grams over on fat? No

This
  • Itreadlightly
    Itreadlightly Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    Can you elaborate a bit on how you feel when you say that you aren't feeling great?

Not feeling great is like body uncomfortable and hungry- fighting my body saying it's hungry.
  • Itreadlightly
    Itreadlightly Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Yep. I feel very bad if my fat is too low, I'm usually working on maintaining or building muscle so protein is important there, and carbs have their place as far as sanity (and workouts) go for me.
    My fat is low so that may be what the problem is- easily fixed with some Caesar salad dressing or some real butter or even peanut butter!

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    What sort of exercise do you do and approximately how many calories are you burning? In the past week what is an average day of calories for you?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Pay attention to them? Yes.

Micro analyze them and freak out if I'm 10 grams over on carbs and 3 grams over on fat? No

This. Mostly I have just watched protein and otherwise focused on getting an overall healthful diet without caring much about the carb vs. fat number (although I naturally seemed to fall into a pattern of 40% carbs, 30% fat that worked for me when losing). I'm currently trying out higher carbs because I've read a lot about it helping with training.
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I try to always make my protein goal and let the fat and carbs fall where they may. Before I have a snack in the evening I check my macros on mfp. If I still need protein, I eat some.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    YUP! i stopped for the last few months and have gained about 10 pounds after being stable for a few years. thought i could add more carbs, but boy was i wrong! i do MUCH better with lower carbs and higher good fats/protein...that is just me though::)