Best tasting frozen entree options

Options
rhirvo
rhirvo Posts: 162 Member
I'm looking for some quick options 300-400 calories max for quick dinners or lunches when I haven't had time to prep. Anyone know any fantastic ones? #singlemomlife

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    rhirvo wrote: »
    I'm looking for some quick options 300-400 calories max for quick dinners or lunches when I haven't had time to prep. Anyone know any fantastic ones? #singlemomlife

You've probably already considered this option, but just in case you hadn't:

What if you prepared some extra food whenever you are cooking or doing food prep, and you just freeze it yourself and use that as your quick option? It would likely be cheaper this way AND you'd have better control over calorie/macronutrient content this way.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Lean cuisine has a wide selection. "Best tasting" depends on your personal preferances. Glazed Chicken is one of the best IMO. Stouffers mac & cheese, tuna noodles, spaghetti, & lasagna also are good. Most Asian dishes are too salty for me & most Latin dishes too spicy, regardless of brand. But that's just me.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's has a few lighter frozen dishes. I forget the calorie counts offhand but are pretty low.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Stouffer's Mac & Cheese is good, but the portion is really small (half the package). Lean Cuisine Mac & Cheese is pretty good, their Chicken Alfredo is good too. I like their Apple Cranberry Chicken. I like their turkey breast too.

I like Healthy Choice Steamers - King Pao Chicken and Pineapple Chicken. Lots of coworkers rave about the pot pie...I didn't care for it.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,993 Member
    Options
    I like the Healthy Chioce Steamer bowls. I like the sesame chicken and the beef teriyaki a lot.
  • mrp56839
    mrp56839 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    The stouffers fitkitchen ones are all pretty good and have pretty decent macros (they all have a lot of sodium).
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good Food Made Simple Macaroni and cheese bowls are my favorite. Approx. 400 calories and delicious! Their burritos are yummy too!
  • Tanadog
    Tanadog Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Lean Cuisine has a new one called Korean Style Beef, I think. It's my new favorite, I bring it to work a lot for lunch.
  • PiSquared
    PiSquared Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Very minimal prep meal: black beans and rice

Combine 1 can black beans, 1 package Uncle Ben's microwave in a bag brown rice (I usually microwave it first), a teaspoon of minced garlic or garlic powder to taste) and enough tomato paste to bind it together. Mix it all together. You'll get about 3 servings out of that. Eat it with some salad greens and dressing.
  • GoalWeight165by2018
    Options
    Green Giant Frozen vegetables, not a full meal, but that's all your vegetab;e prep!
  • lpappas84
    lpappas84 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Amy's Enchilada and Tamale meals are some of my absolute faves. You can get both in either cheese or black bean, and they're filling and tasty. Plus, the ingredient lists are usually a little closer to something you'd make at home.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »

What if you prepared some extra food whenever you are cooking or doing food prep, and you just freeze it yourself and use that as your quick option? It would likely be cheaper this way AND you'd have better control over calorie/macronutrient content this way.

This is what I do.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    mrp56839 wrote: »
    The stouffers fitkitchen ones are all pretty good and have pretty decent macros (they all have a lot of sodium).

I love Fitkitchen, especially the Monterrey Bbq Chicken.
    85355 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Anything Amy's is pretty good. You can buy them at Walmart, Trader Joe's or Sprouts.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I love Amy's frozen meals. All of them are vegetarian (some vegan/gluten free) and they all are free of preservatives and artificial colors. Plus, they're all delicious! The only one that I ever tried and didn't like was the teriyaki bowl, but I think that that was just because I don't like asian food.
  • jshay295
    jshay295 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    When I worked at a grocery store, I oftened grabbed microwave dinners for a quick and easy meal. My favourites were/are the lean cuisine chicken parmigiana, and the healthy steamer's beef merlot. The stouffer's veal parmigiana and michelinas cheese and macaroni taste pretty good aswell.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »

Yep! My freezer is packed.
  • KMasz
    KMasz Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    My favorite are Marie Callendar's. you would have to look at the nutrition info because many are over 400 calories, but there are a good amount that are between 300-400.
  • katzenfluff
    katzenfluff Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers Sante Fe rice and beans is my favorite.
  • MamaMc3
    MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I like the Lean Cuisine paninis. They also have spring rolls that are pretty good .