Join me in a 3-week sprint to kick off 2016!

Options

Replies

• Becky_44
    Becky_44 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    Thursday 1/7

1. Ask for God's help each day to reach my goals :smile:
    2. . Log everything and stick to calorie goals one meal at a time :smile:
    3. Exercise 1 hour, 5 days per week :smile:
    4. Finish Ab Challenge and start something new :smile:

On day 30 of my 30 day challenge.

Wtg with making it to 30 days!!
  • momallnight
    momallnight Posts: 52 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Becky---

Thanks! I don't think my knees will let me run again. But I can dream. I have to really set aside some time this weekend to get in a good workout. They say weights really help with weight loss and I'm about 20 pounds more than I'd like. Have a great weekend
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Got back last night from vacation to our son's in PA. Great visit with him and his boys who are 2 and 5. Ate and drank way too much.

Back to logging and exercising today.

Weighed in at 122 this morning. Up 3 lbs from goal weight. I have 12 days before we leave for our 12 day Florida vacation.

But my goals for these 12 days are:

1. Log all my food
    2. NO alcohol
    3. Get in my 10,000 steps daily

My walking will have to be at the Y today because it is really cold here in NC today.

Good luck to all.

After only 3 days, I am back to my maintenance weight. Actually I was 118.8 this morning. Stuck to my 3 goals each day and it really pays off.

Love reading all the inspiring posts. Will continue to read and keep motivated. A couple more lbs off would be a great buffer for my 12 day vacation coming up on the 17th.

Good luck to all. If this 68 year old can do it, I know you youngsters can. You just have to want it bad enough.
  • mtjohnston42
    mtjohnston42 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Becky---

Thanks! I don't think my knees will let me run again. But I can dream. I have to really set aside some time this weekend to get in a good workout. They say weights really help with weight loss and I'm about 20 pounds more than I'd like. Have a great weekend

Weights = awesome

Just be safe and choose the right weight.
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    It's already Friday! We're almost a third done already can you believe it! Proud of you all! What's your workout today? Mine was strength training focusing on shoulders. Onwards!
  • Working2BBetter
    Working2BBetter Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Weighed in today and down another 1 lb. So that's 2.2 since Jan 1st! Happy with these results so far. I am taking today as my day off from working out (I have been going hard for 7 days in a row!) It's my fast day today, so I am not worried about calories... (I do 5:2)

I'm still going to try get to my 10,000 steps!

Good luck with your day everyone.
  • Resolved2016
    Resolved2016 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Holy cow:. I had been so good and lost 3 lbs. Went out to a wonderful dinner with the fam, did really well, but had wine. When we came home, I went berserk:. Chocolate, popcorn, more wine. Today I have a sugar headache, and I'm back on the program. But what the #&$@ was that???. I wasn't feeling deprived. I blame the wine., And I'm really mad at myself!!!
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    Holy cow:. I had been so good and lost 3 lbs. Went out to a wonderful dinner with the fam, did really well, but had wine. When we came home, I went berserk:. Chocolate, popcorn, more wine. Today I have a sugar headache, and I'm back on the program. But what the #&$@ was that???. I wasn't feeling deprived. I blame the wine., And I'm really mad at myself!!!

Been there, done that. That is why one of my goals this week was no wine. Not even eating out!!! Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet.

Good luck!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Open mat was awesome! Got some randori in with my judo Sensei and a bunch of technique training with some of the newer white belts and a few rounds with some of the experienced guys. After a tough session with one of them he complimented me on my game and specific things I am doing well! Had to keep the hard rolls short and rest properly between due to my chest, but otherwise it worked!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to get to the gym in time for Zumba and then do Day 30 of my 30 day ab challenge.

It took 4 days to do day 29, but I plan to do all of day 30 tonight!

125 Sit ups
    200 crunches
    65 leg lifts
    2 minute plank.

I can do this!
  • Becky_44
    Becky_44 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Becky---

Oh, sorry thought you mentioned looking into c25k.
  • MissBum
    MissBum Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Everyone's doing so great with their goals! Today was my only day staying on track for calories so far- BUT my goal was to not binge double my amount and this week i've been pretty good, phew! More water and more squats on the way :)
  • momallnight
    momallnight Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Becky_44 wrote: »
    Becky---

Oh, sorry thought you mentioned looking into c25k.

Thanks no worries. I'm interested but I can't do it I guess. Thanks so much for replying and caring. Take care dear.
  • fatcaterpillar
    fatcaterpillar Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Totally down! Added you as a friend btw (and everybody, feel free to add me :))!
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    Today was tough calorie goal wise but I did it! It's the tough days that end in success that really show you have what it takes. Happy weekend everyone! You're all doing great and inspire me every day!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Saturday is here and it is going to be the start of an epic weekend! Today I'm going to try Rollerblade while my friend walks (I'm super slow) and then it is bjj competition class. The first one for the year and only 5 or 7 weeks until competition (depending on which one I do). Eek...
    Sunday is beach clean up, 1km ocean race and then chill at the beach with my tribe!

It has been a tough week as I'm struggling with heat induced asthma so I can't push as hard as I want at training, but the positive for that is that I got to focus on technique a lot and practice breathing (I tend to forget to do that properly when I'm really pushing, which doesn't help the asthma). Seeing doctor on Monday for a pump or something to help me until the weather cools down a bit! It has been great having so many people back from holiday and some Newbies joining. Next week the last lot should get back from holiday and fencing starts again. I haven't fenced properly since August due to knee surgery so that should be fun!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Friday 1/8

1. Ask for God's help each day to reach my goals :smile: Peace
    2. . Log everything and stick to calorie goals one meal at a time :smile: Did really good on calories!
    3. Exercise 1 hour, 5 days per week :smiley: exercised a total of 11.5 hours this week.
    4. Finish Ab Challenge and start something new :smiley: I finished day 30-today! Whew!

Taking a day off on Saturday. Thanks,for all of the encouragement!

• janetlynn31
    janetlynn31 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    This week I lost the 5 lbs. of holiday bloat and a 1/2 inch on my waist. I'm now back to where I left off before the holiday mayhem began. This challenge has held me accountable for getting back into the habit of logging what I eat and drinking ALL my water. Plus I've picked up a few friends along the way.
  • Fatsotubs
    Fatsotubs Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Had another good day yesterday. I've walked every day this week, it's amazing what you do when you have a Fitbit! The weekends are the worst for me so hopefully I will stay strong for the next couple of days. Weigh day tomorrow, I hope I won't be disappointed. Have a great weekend everyone
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    Great challenge. Still doing great. Was 118.2 this morning. Lowest weight in probably 35 years. ;)