Low Carb Snacking Options

I'm not a body builder by any means (unless I make one out of Playdoh or play with Mr. Potato Head), but I was curious about low carb snacking -- what do you think of this list? http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/the-ultimate-list-of-40-low-carb-foods.html

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Those look like pretty common foods listed by most low carbers in the Low Carber Daily group. Amaranth and beans aren't commonly used LC foods because of their higher carb content.

The list did not get into fats. When carbs are dropped they are often replaced by fatty foods unless reducing carbs is where your calorie deficit is coming from.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    #39 can only be purchased in Canada. Kidding. OP-it is list, looks like a list, has plenty of options, makes sense.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Pork rinds
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    I think mushrooms are not vegetables. :tongue:
  • pseudandry
    pseudandry Posts: 41 Member
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    #39 can only be purchased in Canada. Kidding. OP-it is list, looks like a list, has plenty of options, makes sense.

♥ if it looks like a list, and feels like a list, then it's a list. LOL Thanks for the perspective... You're right,Terrapin. And I like your #39 humor... Good thing we can get anything from the internet :-)
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    pseudandry wrote: »
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »

♥ if it looks like a list, and feels like a list, then it's a list. LOL Thanks for the perspective... You're right,Terrapin. And I like your #39 humor... Good thing we can get anything from the internet :-)

This list was on the heels of the top 40 trainers so I was already sort of giggling when this one came up. Lists are good; I use my phone to take a picture of a whiteboard grocery list. I realize a lumberjack is losing their job due to this and forests are being saved with my use of technology(again kidding) but it also gives me the list and unless I lose the phone I have what I need. Good luck with your goals; enjoy the journey, try and fail, learn, dust yourself off and try again.