Can't stay under my 50g of carbs

Options
I can't keep to stay under how many carbs I shud be having I easy stay under my calories not a problem there at all. But always over my carb intake will this matter will it make it a big deal with losing I lost 2lb this week wud it of been more if stay below my carbs

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Who tells you how many grams of carbs you should be eating? You don't need to eat low carb to lose weight, you just need to eat at a caloric deficit.
  • bathmatt12345
    bathmatt12345 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Carb's are not bad, sugar and processed carbs are not great as it makes you more hungry, but if you burn more cals than you take in you will lose weight..
  • AgentFlex
    AgentFlex Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time staying under 200g of carbs. I never did low carb and I was able to lose 50 pounds in a year and have kept it off for four years. Low carb works for some but not for others.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'd have trouble staying under 50 grams if carbs too, I don't blame you. It's all about calories in calories out, not those evil carbs.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    50g of carbs is a level were some people will be entering ketosis. Unless you want to be in ketosis, you do not need to keep carbs below 50g. Yes, some people find they lose a bit faster while in ketosis, but that is generally just for those folks with insulin resistance, for whom a ketogenic diet would be most beneficial. For others, keeping carbs below 50g will not help with weight loss.

If you are just going for a low carb diet, that is usually thought to be below 100 to 150g per day. Would that suit you better?
  • shannonshardai87
    shannonshardai87 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Who tells you how many grams of carbs you should be eating? You don't need to eat low carb to lose weight, you just need to eat at a caloric deficit.

It says on here that my goal is only 50g of carbs and am always over
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Do you mean sugar?
  • shannonshardai87
    Options
    AgentFlex wrote: »
    I have a hard time staying under 200g of carbs. I never did low carb and I was able to lose 50 pounds in a year and have kept it off for four years. Low carb works for some but not for others.
    Well done for keeping it off. I think I am just worrying but I am still losing so shudnt worry so much if everyone is saying its ok
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I can't keep to stay under how many carbs I shud be having I easy stay under my calories not a problem there at all. But always over my carb intake will this matter will it make it a big deal with losing I lost 2lb this week wud it of been more if stay below my carbs

Should. Would.

And 2 pounds in a week is great!
  • shadowconn
    shadowconn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    That is a low carb diet. I don't recommend it unless you have a health reason for doing so. But that diet looks like this.

Breakfast
    2-3 scrambled eggs with 1 tablespoon of butter
    1 2 ounce sausage patty

Lunch
    4-5 ounces of lean mean
    2 cups of broccoli or green beans (That's it. That's your vegetable choices other than lettuce)
    1 cup rice or piece of bread

Dinner
    6-7 ounces lean meat
    2 cups of green beans or broccoli

I don't recommend this. You'll eventually be drinking tablespoons of olive oil to get your recommended fat.
  • shannonshardai87
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Do you mean sugar?

No it's the carbohydrates
  • janjunie
    Options

You probably set your macros to certain percentages, I'm guessing 10% carbs.
    You can change that anytime. A standard is 30 fat 30 protein 40 carbs...but you can change it to whatever you like.
  • rperryspct
    rperryspct Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It all depends on the carb - I try to stay below 100g per day, but if I have a big fat apple as afternoon snack (which might have 40g of carbs all by itself), I'll cut myself a break. I try to be really strict with the carbs related to processed foods (crackers, cookies, and other sugar-added stuff). Just gotta play around with it and find what works for you - good luck!
  • jennifergray04
    jennifergray04 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm asked to stay under 50 carbs a day due to WLS, 13 years ago. My macros are 55% protein, 25% fat, 20% carbs, on a 1000 calorie diet. I drink protein shakes for breakfast and lunch and then I have a low carb dinner. Focus on eating your protein first...it will fill you up. And focus on getting your carbs from vegetables...most of my carbs come from veggies with the occasional fruit splurge. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like to share meal ideas and recipes...I do a lot of low carb cooking and keto cooking.
  • shadowconn
    shadowconn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Just figured I'd put the counts in for what I recommended. The meal plans I put up are 1161 cals per day, 75 carbs and 56 fat.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

First, losing 2lbs a week is very good and about the max you should do without doctor supervision.

Beyond that, open your diary.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Adjust carbs to 110/day. Much more sustainable, and you ll still lose weight!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options

Very strange; it says nothing like for most people. Where are you reading this?
  • janjunie
    edited January 2016
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »

You probably set your macros to certain percentages, I'm guessing 10% carbs.
    You can change that anytime. A standard is 30 fat 30 protein 40 carbs...but you can change it to whatever you like.

In case you missed this
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    shadowconn wrote: »
    That is a low carb diet. I don't recommend it unless you have a health reason for doing so. But that diet looks like this.

Breakfast
    2-3 scrambled eggs with 1 tablespoon of butter
    1 2 ounce sausage patty

Lunch
    4-5 ounces of lean mean
    2 cups of broccoli or green beans (That's it. That's your vegetable choices other than lettuce)
    1 cup rice or piece of bread

Dinner
    6-7 ounces lean meat
    2 cups of green beans or broccoli

I don't recommend this. You'll eventually be drinking tablespoons of olive oil to get your recommended fat.

Where did you come up with this nonsense???
    OP: whatever you decide, ignore this.