Options
2»

Replies

• shannonshardai87
    shannonshardai87 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »
    Who tells you how many grams of carbs you should be eating? You don't need to eat low carb to lose weight, you just need to eat at a caloric deficit.
    Who tells you how many grams of carbs you should be eating? You don't need to eat low carb to lose weight, you just need to eat at a caloric deficit.

It says on here that my goal is only 50g of carbs and am always over

You probably set your macros to certain percentages, I'm guessing 10% carbs.
    You can change that anytime. A standard is 30 fat 30 protein 40 carbs...but you can change it to whatever you like.

In case you missed this
    Thank u it is where things are set and they are what u said they wud be at
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

You can change that anytime. A standard is 30 fat 30 protein 40 carbs...but you can change it to whatever you like.

In case you missed this
    So with that said, you can decide what you want your macros to be.
  • AgentFlex
    AgentFlex Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    AgentFlex wrote: »
    I have a hard time staying under 200g of carbs. I never did low carb and I was able to lose 50 pounds in a year and have kept it off for four years. Low carb works for some but not for others.
    Well done for keeping it off. I think I am just worrying but I am still losing so shudnt worry so much if everyone is saying its ok

If you're losing while still going over your carbs, just run with it. Change your macro goals in your diary so going over doesn't discourage you!

And thank you! Keeping it off can be tougher than losing it at times!

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    shadowconn wrote: »
    Just figured I'd put the counts in for what I recommended. The meal plans I put up are 1161 cals per day, 75 carbs and 56 fat.

And not what most folks on a low carb diet would do. EVER.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Can we clarify: Are you deliberately following a low-carb regime (for whatever reason)?
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options

In case you missed this

What are your protein and fat goals for the day?
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,020 Member
    Options
    Do you mean 50%? I always go a little over on carbs but I don't worry about it as long as I stay within my overall calorie goal. I try to make sure I get enough protein and not too much fat. The carbs usually fall into place for me if I do that.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Do you mean 50%? I think that's what mfp defaults to. If you're losing and feel good don't worry about it.
  • toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Shooooot daaang. I'm at around 1500 cals right now (low for me), and eating 120g-140g of it in protein, and I still am up at like 80-120 g of carbs every day, that is with being faiiiirly deliberate most days about my protein intake. I can't imagine eating less than 50 g of carbs, I feel like my brain would get so tired...

I find it helpful to focus on the macros I'm trying to get (protein!) instead of focusing on what I want to avoid.