Low FODMAP Recipes, Please!

jenfitnessmama
jenfitnessmama Posts: 138 Member
I've had IBS since high school and I've decided to try the low FODMAP diet. I'm going to do groceries at the beginning of next week.

What are your favourite low FODMAP recipes?

Replies

• asuehutch
    asuehutch Posts: 2 Member
    I put this over rice. Sometimes I switch out the veggies with other things like zucchini and added water chestnuts for more crunch.

http://www.ibssano.com/low_fodmap_recipe_beef_stri_fry_ginger.html
  • jenfitnessmama
    edited January 2016
    That recipe looks amazing and I've got that site bookmarked!
  • simplycidalia
    simplycidalia Posts: 46 Member
    I also have IBS, and for me, personally, eating more Paleo/Primal and cutting out wheat and legumes (and most dairy) has made such a difference, that all the other vegetables and fruit that used to aggravate me don't bother me anymore.
  • jenfitnessmama
    Wow! I would love to be able to do that! It seems most of the fruits and veggies I love are in the list of foods that are "unsafe".
  • diannemcal
    diannemcal Posts: 14 Member
    I have never heard the term FODMAP before. What is it?
  • doutri2
    doutri2 Posts: 186 Member
    I've never classified myself as IBS or tried FODMAP specifically, but I have heard of it and researched it. If you hunt around on the web, you should find some info.
    For me, I know I cannot digest peanuts/legumes/beans, onion, tomatoes and bell peppers. And possibly zucchini. I'm starting to wonder if some vegetables with skins are my biggest problems????
  • tarainmo
    tarainmo Posts: 2 Member
    I found an APP in the appstore that helps me so much trying to figure out how to eat low FODmap. I think I paid 8 bucks for it. But it had saved us a lot of pain. Search for The Monash University Low FodMap Diet app. It is a lifesaver. I have IBS and my son was just diagnosed. He was put on the Fodmap diet and was pretty much cured within a week. I have learned how to cook a lot of different ways. He is probably the healthiest one in our family now. He just got to eat his first apple a couple weeks ago and no reaction to it. So we are doing great. We reintorduced beans though and he was sick for a whole day. Poor guy.
  • carolyn000000
    carolyn000000 Posts: 179 Member
    I am new too. I am definitely going to get the app! I will also be looking for recipes.