Starving by the end of the day!

Options
Hi!
I need some help. I gave been really working on portion control. I have measured everything out and I log it in MFP in the am as I put it in my lunch box. I take healthy, balance, clean meals. I hit my calorie goals well. However I am a massage therapist, and when I work (3 days a week) I see a lot of clients, and I have a 3 year old, I am up fro 5:30 every day non stop ( which I am sure a lot can relate to)
By the time I get home from work, 9:300, pm I Am STARVING!!
And I end up fighting not to blow all my hard work!
I also try ( try) to eat every hours.
Help what do I do! More calories? Different food?
Any and all advice is welcome!
Amber

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What are your stats?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    More protein, more good fats, more fiber. And possibly more calories. If your goal is too aggressive, reduce it (to 1/2 pound or 1 pound a week).
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    It would help if you could tell us how much protein, fiber, carbs, fats you are eating in a day.
    You might need to eat more of one of those to keep you full for longer.

It also might be helpful to make bigger breaks between your meals, if I understood you correctly you eat something every hour? Maybe push it to 3 main meals and 3 snacks. Make your self a schedule when you will eat what, and make sure to take in consideration that you will be hungry later.

Also, if you are hungry later on only when you're working, you might have to eat a bit more on those days. As a massage therapist I assume you spend most of you time standing up when you're at work.

Feel free to add me or message me for more tips. I would be able to give you more precise advice if I had a bit more information, but I hope this will help!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Why are you eating every hour?
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    How many pounds do you want to lose? What is your weight/height? How many calories/day are you eating?

If you set a goal of losing 2 pounds/week you may want to rethink that. You can always change the setting to 1 pound a week.

When I was losing a few pounds I tried to something that is satisfying but maybe a little heavy on the calories and than fill the rest of my belly with something that is low calorie. So if my meal was 500 calories, I would have 400-450 calories of something awesome that I wanted and that would leave 50-100 calories of low calorie fillers.

These are some of my favorite low calorie foods:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/usda-nutrient-database-honeydew-melon-245399455
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/usda-database-cucumber-with-peel-raw-230550369
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/generic-fresh-strawberries-usda-251293940
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/generic-watermelon-raw-100-g-usda-data-220723902
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/cantaloupe-usda-grams-244812599
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Up your protein if it's not high already. See how not eating every hour leaves you. Having bigger meals may leave you full longer than just eating a tiny bit all the time.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Save some calories for a snack on days when you come home from work late. Simple.
  • katzenfluff
    katzenfluff Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »
    Save some calories for a snack on days when you come home from work late. Simple.

This. Or eat lighter for breakfast and lunch, giving you more calories for dinner. Sometimes you'll be hungry. That's natural. Eating constantly to avoid all hunger pangs is not a sensible plan for me.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Eat more soups, vegetables, slower digesting foods like oatmeal, or carbonated drink of choice.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    how many calories a day are you eating? And why are you trying to eat every hour?
  • amberlicious13
    amberlicious13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Thanks everyone. That was a typo I am eating every 3 hours. I an trying to balance a protein, fat, carb each time.
    My goal is 1500 calories. I'm afraid to do more for weigh loss.
    I'm 5'1 , 129 lbs working on getting to a fit healthy weight 122-125lbs.
    According to this my macros are on target although I tend to be higher in protein and lower in carbs some days not by choice just the way it works out.
  • amberlicious13
    amberlicious13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Also some really great advise I appreciate it!! Thanks
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Thanks everyone. That was a typo I am eating every 3 hours. I an trying to balance a protein, fat, carb each time.
    My goal is 1500 calories. I'm afraid to do more for weigh loss.
    I'm 5'1 , 129 lbs working on getting to a fit healthy weight 122-125lbs.
    According to this my macros are on target although I tend to be higher in protein and lower in carbs some days not by choice just the way it works out.

why are you eating every three hours?
    what is your percent or gram brakdown of fats/proteins/carbs?

Instead of focusing on a goal weight of dropping five more pounds, maybe you should focus on body recomposition goals. I would focus more on a structured lifting regimen and/or exercise regimen and eat in a small deficit, say 250 calories.