Fat Percentage Calculator

Options
I know that's not the best way to know your BF% but currently I cannot do it any other way.
So, do you know any GOOD and ACCURATE calculators?
According to some of the calculators I found through Google I have BF percentage of: A) 15% B) 26% and the best one - C) 42%.
Thanks in advance.

Replies

• rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    there is no way that you are B or C, I would say that A is the closest, personally I would say 8-10% the hydro test is the most accurate but most expensive.
  • JCubbins
    JCubbins Posts: 92
    Options
    there is no way that you are B or C, I would say that a is the closest, personally I would say 8-10%

I know, B and C just make me laugh ;) I'm asking out of pure curiosity.
  • AUPerry
    AUPerry Posts: 166
    Options
    That's odd, because whenever I use the online calculators, they're generally close to each other, within 0.5%

They generally line up with the scales BF reading, and even caliper readings.

But that's just in my experience.
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    You're not the only one to get readings like that. In 1 day with the same measurements I got 18%-32%.
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same trouble finding a accurate calculator. I'd appreciate it if someone has one to share. One online one says 20%, another 25% and another 26%. My caliper says 20% so I'm going with that...
  • RProhofsky
    RProhofsky Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sorry,
    None are accurate
    Use the same one, hope it is consistent and
    that it will chronicle your journey toward health

Good Luck,
    Rick
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Rick, depending on a person's situation, that might not be the best thing to do. If someone is in the lower spectrum and uses one that has a body fat percentage that is too high, it could have ramifications for them if they are trying to "improve" from. After awhile, it's just not terribly a good idea to keep losing. This is especially true for a woman. For example, if I am closer to the 18% and I try to lose based on the 30%.