When?

Options
When do you start SEEING results?
I feel a little better. I mean, I'm hungry more than I used to be, but I feel better.
But when I look in the mirror I just get disgusted every time...
I'm 195lbs, down 15 pounds... It's so hard to keep motivated when I still think I'm so fat.
I see pictures on here of people 180lbs and such and they look so Itty bitty... I can't imagine me looking any thing like that if I lose another 15 pounds.
:(
How do you keep yourself motivated on such a slow process...

Replies

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

Just remember - you are probably the hardest on yourself. And will be one of the last to notice changes that others are seeing.

I don't know how tall you are - I'm 5'3" and started at 213. It honestly took me about 20 lbs to start seeing anything because of how my body distributes the weight. One of the first things I noticed was that my shoulders were less broad.

If you haven't already - take photos and measurements. The tape doesn't lie and side by side comparisons of where you were to where you are can sometimes help you see changes.

I've lost over 40 lbs with about the same to go and some days I still feel I look the same as I did.

Patience - you got this.
  • sdolan91
    sdolan91 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Just remember - you are probably the hardest on yourself. And will be one of the last to notice changes that others are seeing.

I don't know how tall you are - I'm 5'3" and started at 213. It honestly took me about 20 lbs to start seeing anything because of how my body distributes the weight. One of the first things I noticed was that my shoulders were less broad.

If you haven't already - take photos and measurements. The tape doesn't lie and side by side comparisons of where you were to where you are can sometimes help you see changes.

I've lost over 40 lbs with about the same to go and some days I still feel I look the same as I did.

Patience - you got this.

Wow you're doing great!
    I'm 5'4 so I'm about the same as you with weight and stuff, and I started at 210.
    I do think I need to start measuring... Maybe that'll help.
    Thanks so much <3
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Don't compare yourself to others. Even at the same height, there are a lot of factors of weightloss at play including where the weight is primarily held and muscle mass. Just worry about improving your health and the rest will follow.
  • marcelo_templario
    marcelo_templario Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    sayrahmd wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

Patience - you got this.

Wow you're doing great!
    I'm 5'4 so I'm about the same as you with weight and stuff, and I started at 210.
    I do think I need to start measuring... Maybe that'll help.
    Thanks so much <3

I don't measure, I go for my clothing to fit good, what you must understand ma'am is that..every minute, every hour, every day after you follow your diet and exercise you're better than the minute before.

For instance, I let myself go on December, beer, food, tamales, chocolate, drinks, marshmallows, etc etc, then by January 5th I set my goal and start...so I know I have something to fight for.

Don't compare to other, doesn't help neither, you're your measure, your goal, your piece of art, your own sculptor, compare to nobody, you're here for serving yourself and be your one master, ok?