What milestones have you reached recently?

Options
I'm very excited today and even more motivated to push on with my new lifestyle because I'm officially under 250 lbs (248.6 lbs to be exact)! Since my start on Sept 7th I've lost 31lbs so far. This is a big deal for me because I haven't seen this weight for 6+ years and it's self-validating that this can be done and I'm strong enough to accomplish this. Next milestone for me is to lose another 20lbs which would put me at a total 50lb weight loss.

Please share your recent personal milestones!

Onward and don't stop!

Replies

• victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    That's a fantastic success, keep up your hard work!

This morning I weighed 134.6, lowest weight in my adult life! I got down to 135 in college but did it by eating a very low calorie diet so I couldn't maintain it. Doing things differently this time around. I'm so close to 80 lbs gone.
  • pandyg180
    pandyg180 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That's a fantastic success, keep up your hard work!

This morning I weighed 134.6, lowest weight in my adult life! I got down to 135 in college but did it by eating a very low calorie diet so I couldn't maintain it. Doing things differently this time around. I'm so close to 80 lbs gone.

Amazing and congrats!! Can't wait to until I'm close to 80lbs lost.
  • Lose2Cruise2016
    Lose2Cruise2016 Posts: 36 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I've added 5 minutes each to my elliptical time and my treadmill time at the gym. :smile:
    pandyg180 wrote:
    I'm very excited today and even more motivated to push on with my new lifestyle because I'm officially under 250 lbs (248.6 lbs to be exact)!

WAY TO GO!!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I've hit a Normal BMI. I've gone from Obese to Normal and I'm ridiculously happy about that.
  • dujyandco
    dujyandco Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for both of you! I am greatly looking forward to my10% loss! :) (13 down... 10 to to go!)
    -Stephanie
  • anotherview
    anotherview Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've just hit 25 pounds lost! My weight has been all over the map my adult life, but when I was 20 I lost 80 pounds to become a thin person for the first time. At 25, I gradually gained it all back...

Now that I'm in my 30s I decided I'm ready to lose the weight again, but let me tell you, weight loss was so much easier in my early 20's. :)

But I'm feeling great now that I've hit that 25 pound mark, getting that first 10-25 pounds off has always been the most difficult. At 230 pounds I still have a lot to go to reach my target weight, but this is the first time since I've gained it back that I really feel like I'm back on the path again.

It was not easy to get here, I wish everyone else on the path courage and strength, we can do it!
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I recently reached the 160s which I haven't seen in maybe 15 years. I'm down over 94lbs in the last year. Can't wait to see the 150s.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I also just reached under 160 lbs - first time in a couple of years. I've also run almost 20 miles this week (cumulative), which is more than I've ever done.
  • Veryana
    Veryana Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I learned to control binge eating. I don't need to eat more food than I need anymore so I can actually start losing weight :blush:
  • jotough
    jotough Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Not quite a milestone but this year is the first year I've had 3 weeks off from tracking at Christmas and got straight back in the zone in Jan and haven't stayed in holiday mode til after after my birthday in march!! Really feel like it's a maintainable lifestyle choice this time!!!
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Been without pop for 5 days.
  • CFoust72591
    CFoust72591 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    As of this morning, I'm the thinnest my husband has ever seen me! Not something he would necessarily comment on, but it feels great to ME.
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    I hit my halfway point at my three month mark. :)
  • prettysoul1908
    prettysoul1908 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your amazing success! Some of mine are:

I'm my lowest post pregnancy weight (my daughters are 8 lol)

I'm fitting clothes I couldn't squeeze into a year ago

My cardio workouts have increased in intensity

I've graduated to lifting heavier weights

My knees no longer constantly ache

I don't feel like I'm dieting.
  • tomw86
    tomw86 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    36lb down from my start weight and 61lb to my initial goal. Feeling confident enough to join my work friends at the gym on Monday for the first time!
  • cassieknights951
    cassieknights951 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Well done ! My first milestone today was half stone / 7lb since 28th December
  • dru8376
    dru8376 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My latest milestone is having logged into MFP for 1000 days.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I squatted 200 lbs. I also lost enough weight/got lean enough to start an official bulk. Strange to be gaining weight after focusing so long on weight loss.
  • wrenak
    wrenak Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all your milestones!

Mine: Got past 60 pounds gone, which put me in ONEderland. A twofer!
  • chaitea4me
    chaitea4me Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What a great post! Congrats to everyone on their milestones! Mine is that I've lost 50 lbs. I find it amazing to look at that in print. 50 pounds. That is significant. Along with that comes some other fun milestones--like the fact that I'm at my lowest weight in a decade and that I've purchased size 1X clothing for the first time in memory. I have quite a bit more to go, but being able to lose 50 pounds make me think that I can do this.