Over 150 lbs to lose! looking for support and new friends

Options

Replies

• GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I've got 130lb to lose and chronic migraines (not sure if that counts as autoimmune)!
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    About 125 to lose now, feel free to add :)
  • beckyboo8504
    beckyboo8504 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I need to lose over 180 lbs, I have fibromyalgia, depression, and anxiety, all of which would benefit from healthier lifestyle. I'd love to have more MFP friends for mutual support!
  • Lucia_Armstrong1973
    Options
    I'm also returning after a long break and a hysterectomy. Need to lose 80 pounds but working on 20 at a time and maintaining. Just started paleo due to multiple allergies, chronic migraine and depression. Hoping it helps, but could use some support and motivation in the exercise department.
  • smwinks77
    smwinks77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat with the rest of you... I have around 100lbs to lose and could really use support of friends as well. I've kept to myself on here in the past but hopefully this time around if I open up and support others, maybe we all can win this battle together. I'll work on friending and supporting you, if you'll do the same for me. Thanks!
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I'm also returning after a long break and a hysterectomy. Need to lose 80 pounds but working on 20 at a time and maintaining. Just started paleo due to multiple allergies, chronic migraine and depression. Hoping it helps, but could use some support and motivation in the exercise department.

Yay another chronic migraineur! Let's celebrate with in silence no alcohol in a darkened room!
  • SassyWifey
    SassyWifey Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose 100# more. I'm down 84#. I didn't start MFP until I'd already started losing so my profile says down 70. Anyway, I go back and forth with Paleo. I feel SO much better when I'm eating this way and don't understand my need to head back to crappy grain and sugar infused food. Especially after detoxing.

I workout on a regular basis. I ride horses. Due to my autoimmune issues (psoriatic arthritis and possible lupus) I'm a fall risk. The arthritis is so bad in my feet, but less weight makes an amazing difference. I started to run last year and then got very sick and had to stop and gained 30#. smh

It's great to see us all reach out and support one another. We can empathize with each other cuz we've been there.

I'm looking forward to everybody's posts!
  • selinamasi223
    selinamasi223 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I I have to lose over 100 lbs. I have severe arthritis, severe spinal stenosis, genetic disorder, diabetes, hypertension. All of which prevents exercise. I'm trying very hard to diet correctly but, not losing much. Its so frustrating. I am considering gastric bypass surgery... any suggestions? I could really use friends on here and would love to be a friend.
  • SassyWifey
    SassyWifey Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I I have to lose over 100 lbs. I have severe arthritis, severe spinal stenosis, genetic disorder, diabetes, hypertension. All of which prevents exercise. I'm trying very hard to diet correctly but, not losing much. Its so frustrating. I am considering gastric bypass surgery... any suggestions? I could really use friends on here and would love to be a friend.

By chance can you access a pool to do some light exercise? Just a little movement will make a big difference. How about checking youtube for chair exercises? I totally understand your pain issues with the arthritis and spinal stenosis. I have those as well and moving is really the best therapy. Trust me!

Don't worry about what you're losing. Concentrate on the healthy foods to fuel your body. When I'm completely off grains, dairy and sugar, my arthritis is SO much better. Choose whole foods, fresh veggies, fruits and protein sources. Avoid soy...that's a big contributor to inflammation.

Do your research on foods to avoid with arthritis. Losing weight itself will make a difference in your inflammation levels. There are a lot of articles online to read about Paleo and how it has changed people's health. Your other health issues will decrease when you eat well.

As far as gastric bypass...again, do your research. Talk to others who have had the surgery. Talk to several different surgeons. Attend informational seminars. Only you can make the decision.

Finally, keep posting. I've found when I post things or journal it really helps me to stay more focused on what I'm doing to take care of myself.

• secrets424
    secrets424 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm currently 235 lbs, and have about 80 lbs to lose. I am new here..again. I've been using mfp for about a week now and have already lost 3 lbs ..YAY! I have a bad back and depression. So I have to be careful exercising, and have difficulty getting motivated sometimes. But I am dedicated to losing this weight this time.. Being overweight is embarrassing and uncomfortable for me. I have to lose this weight, one lbs at a time. I can do it. And You can do it too. Good luck!! I support you!
  • xxichigoxchrissyxx
    Options
    I would love some friends and support as well, looking to loose 60-80 pounds maybe even more! This is my first time doing a journey like this and I am entirely new to it. I have (most likely my OB/GYN diagnosed me, but then retired and my new Dr. Is not agreeing) PCOS which has made my weight fluctuate on a weekly to bi-weekly basis by 20-40 pounds. I am sick of being 240-280 pounds all my life. I am ready for a change and hope I can get some friends to do it beside me.
  • ImOneStepCloser
    ImOneStepCloser Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am working on losing a little over 100 pounds. Lets help each other get there. Anyone is welcome to join me on my journey. I will be that supportive friend that is there but def not judgmental.
  • bonnielanglois
    bonnielanglois Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also looking for friends to help keep me motivated! It's hard for me to stay healthy and exercise by myself. Add me if you want! :)
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Check out this forum here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3322-100-pounds-with-no-surgery

One day, One pound, One step at a time....it's do-able if you keep your head in the game and are honest in weighing & logging food daily.

0zj23zy0z9nf.png
  • ravensdiet15
    ravensdiet15 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi. Looking to lose about 150lbs.
    I have fibromyalgia, depression & anxiety. Would love to find some ppl that understand where I'm coming from!
    Looking for ppl that want to message daily!! I don't work so I have a lot of time on my hands to be a good diet buddy. Add me and send a message!!! <3
  • firstsoprano4him
    firstsoprano4him Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. Looking to lose about 150lbs.
    I have fibromyalgia, depression & anxiety. Would love to find some ppl that understand where I'm coming from!
    Looking for ppl that want to message daily!! I don't work so I have a lot of time on my hands to be a good diet buddy. Add me and send a message!!! <3

Feel free to add me! I'm 27 and have fibro, depression, and pituitary problems as well. I've been dealing with symptoms for years and finally got the official diagnosis a couple months ago. I'm over 100 pounds overweight and need to lose weight to hopefully take any excess stress off my body and calm my symptoms. My husband and I are trying to have a kid and I can't start fertility treatments until I'm under a certain BMI. I'd love to talk daily with you! I'm a substitute teacher, so I have a lot of free time as well. Just me and my three pups! Lol
  • dcshima
    dcshima Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    airangel59 wrote: »
    Check out this forum here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3322-100-pounds-with-no-surgery

One day, One pound, One step at a time....it's do-able if you keep your head in the game and are honest in weighing & logging food daily.
    @ravensdiet15 @imonestepcloser @xxichigoxchrissyxx @karas_journey @tjames30 @yvettedutchie @saggyandbaggy @meltingaway90 @madwife2009 @ssdelorme @sassycassy631 @bourdon01 @bigchangeneeded @malsaeed03 @shashaylee @kathrout1973 @garysrae @zumbachick5 @veryana @angelinab_ @grumpyheadmistress @x311tifa @beckyboo8504 @mrsstovall10 @smwinks77 @sassywifey @selinamasi223 @secrets424 @firstsoprano4him

With boards being crazy around this time of the year I am reaching out to each of you personally to check out a wonderful support network listed in the above post from another member who has succeeded and myself who is 50% into my journey. There are no do-overs in life, you get one shot, one body so let's do this together!

Educate yourself, create a support network (there will be days when you want to quit....BUT DON'T), establish a new relationship with food and make some great friends along the way.

This is not a DIET, this is LIFESTYLE change. There are not foods you CANNOT have, but rather ones you CAN but in smaller portions or less frequently. Do the best you can each day to create healthy habits that will sustain you in the long run. If you slip one day, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get back on track!

CICO, Calories IN, Calories OUT with elimination of drama from yourself and others, weigh it, log it, getting moving....that is it.

• CrystalMarie183
    CrystalMarie183 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi i would love to have another friend. I too have alot to lose. I currently weight 314lbs. I would like to lose about 170lbs, but i just want to feel better. Good luck in your weightloss journey.
  • lisamarie290
    lisamarie290 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would welcome your friendship add. My weight is currently 275 (started out at 307 about 3 months ago) and at 5' 2", I need to lose quite a bit of weight. I have rheumatoid arthritis and kidney disease. I like what you said about not allowing an autoimmune disease to define you because that's my view, too. I have always struggled with weight from the time I was a fat little girl. My mother and sister were both large women, too. My sister Chris (who was my best friend in the world) had diabetes and I lost her in 2012 to complications from the disease. She was still a young woman. I lost my Mom on New Year's day in 2015, so I'm trying to adjust to those losses, and I'd like to focus on being healthier and figuring out where to go from here! I welcome new friends and it would be nice to share motivation with others who have a long journey ahead of them with some challenges thrown in to test us.
  • stephmsj
    stephmsj Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    hi im steph im 29 i have iih,m.e,fibro and pcos it would be great to have some friends in the same position i have over 100lbs to lose x