Replies

• sugar297
    sugar297 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I would recommend thenWhole 30
  • MamaMc3
    MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have had IBS for 15 years, and I had my gallbladder out in 2007 which increased my symptoms. I tend to have diarrhea and extreme bloating. My biggest trigger is foods high in saturated fat. The best thing for me is to eat a lot of fruits and veggies and limit fatty foods. I think the best thing is to start with a basic meat/veggie diet and add back in other things one at a time (fruit, dairy, gluten, etc.).
  • shadowconn
    shadowconn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    An antacid stopped mine - if you can believe that. But the biggest thing that helped me was eliminating 90% of my stress.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with IBS 20 years ago and severe Crohn's a year ago basically on my death bed because I just attributed my horrible symptoms to IBS/ lactose intolerance. I ignored bleeding, etc for a year until my blood work was horrible and I was days away from perforating. I was hospitalized for 34 days, developed fistulas, etc and now on very strong immunosuppressant drugs (chemo). Please get a colonoscopy to rule other things out. It could save your life.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    This may seem like a thread highjack but I swear it's not. There is a point here so please bear with me. I follow a low carb way of eating and several people who post in/on the main low carber forum here in MFP have mentioned that they have IBS. Not all, but again, many of them said that they discovered once they started following a LCHF WOE that their IBS symptoms either improved or disappeared. I suggest you perhaps ask your question on the main low carber forum there for additional information relating to their experiences which may be helpful to you:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • jenfitnessmama
    jenfitnessmama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I've had IBS for 13-14 years now, but wasn't diagnosed until about 5 years ago. Tomorrow I'm starting on the low FODMAP diet. I've heard great things about it, but basically you'd be cutting out gluten, dairy, foods with excess fructose and artificial sweeteners.

http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/health-fitness/healthy-eating/what-is-the-fodmap-diet?page=all
  • AngelAura777
    AngelAura777 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Check out the book wheat belly its very interesting
  • jessicarrrx
    jessicarrrx Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I was given a diagnosis of IBS about a year ago, but more recently have actually found out its Crohn's disease. I'm still working out my trigger foods; so far I know alcohol, spicy food and oatmeal are particularly bad. I'm finding it very difficult but it's still very early days for me. Going to try keeping a regular food journal to try to figure out my triggers :)
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I tested negative for Celiac but discovered that wheat was actually causing my problem. I eliminated the wheat, and I am magically "cured" from any and all bathroom issues. :)
  • shawnmwhitehead
    shawnmwhitehead Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have crohns too I'm clueless what to do