65 pounds down.. Halfway there! (pics)

Options

Replies

• EzgiMutlu
    EzgiMutlu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Jess,
    Thank you so much for sharing your success!
    I just started a few min ago and now I am 253 lb hopefully I will be focus like you and loose unhealthy weight!
  • madube84
    madube84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Nice job!!
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful, well done
  • marijasmin
    marijasmin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Amazing achievement, your health is really worth it
  • blueridgeloner
    blueridgeloner Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are beautiful! Congratulations on getting this far in your journey.
  • forlease
    forlease Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great! Way to go!
  • EmilyNan
    EmilyNan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • dujyandco
    dujyandco Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hooray for you! I can't wait to be halfway there! <3
  • tomatosoup3
    tomatosoup3 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    you look waaaay less than 180! i'm also 5'2" and i looked nowhere near as good at 180...
  • DawnReid04
    DawnReid04 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! I am also 5'2" and started my goal on January 1st. I started out at 203 and my goal is around 150. I know this journey will be a long one but it will be the best thing I have done for myself in a long time. Congratulations on your halfway mark and keep up the good work!!
  • shezza4mobee
    shezza4mobee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Nice going girl! You look fantastic! Good luck on the remainder of your journey.
    I have PCOS too so I know that can make weightloss an even trickier journey!! Have your PCOS symptoms settled a little losing that weight, and did you do it with our without meds? Reason I'm asking is that I lost 55 lbs on my own last year, but ended up with emergency spinal surgery in November and packed on 18 lbs again. I started my journey again, but the surgery got me all out of whack hormonally, so doc prescribed me Metformin. Wondering how that'll work out!
  • jessasweightlossjourney
    jessasweightlossjourney Posts: 363 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone!
    akern1987 wrote: »
    that's amazing, can I ask what your methods have been thus far? I'm always curious to see how others have made their progress!

Calorie counting and portion control as well as exercise has helped me, I posted more info above on what I've cut out of my diet but moderation has been key in my weight loss and incorporating more healthy choices :smile:
    I have pcos also. Did anything in particular make it easier or make a bigger difference?

I believe cutting back on carbs and sugars has helped as far as the weight loss goes. I read somewhere carbs are a no no for us pcos ladies.
    you look waaaay less than 180! i'm also 5'2" and i looked nowhere near as good at 180...

Aw thank you! I'll take that as a compliment, although I feel the mirror can be a little more flattering lol. I'm pretty big boned for a short girl but I feel I still have a ways to go before I am at my goal weight. Feeling a little better everyday though!
    You look beautiful! Great job! I'm trying to get back on the wagon. I lost about 70 lbs through MFP two years ago but gained alot back and am now at 268 but I'm determined to make this time count! Keep up the great work, your doing amazing! :)

Thank you so much! I know how hard it is but you've already proven to yourself you've done it once you can do it again! I wish you the best of luck, I know you'll get back to where you wanna be soon!
    DawnReid04 wrote: »
    You look amazing!!! I am also 5'2" and started my goal on January 1st. I started out at 203 and my goal is around 150. I know this journey will be a long one but it will be the best thing I have done for myself in a long time. Congratulations on your halfway mark and keep up the good work!!

Thank you! Hard work and dedication and you will get there in no time! The #1 thing is not to give up, it doesn't happen overnight but when you get there it will be worth the sweat and tears :-)

Nice going girl! You look fantastic! Good luck on the remainder of your journey.
    I have PCOS too so I know that can make weightloss an even trickier journey!! Have your PCOS symptoms settled a little losing that weight, and did you do it with our without meds? Reason I'm asking is that I lost 55 lbs on my own last year, but ended up with emergency spinal surgery in November and packed on 18 lbs again. I started my journey again, but the surgery got me all out of whack hormonally, so doc prescribed me Metformin. Wondering how that'll work out!

Thank you! I started a birth control that has my pcos mostly under control thankfully, I still have symptoms but they're not nearly as bad as before. It's definitely harder to lose with PCOS because of our insulin problems but it's not impossible when you calorie count and focus on healthy eating and portion control. If you burn more calories than you put in you should lose weight. I wish you the best of luck and hope your hormonal issues get sorted soon!
  • jessasweightlossjourney
    Options
    EzgiMutlu wrote: »
    Hi Jess,
    Thank you so much for sharing your success!
    I just started a few min ago and now I am 253 lb hopefully I will be focus like you and loose unhealthy weight!

Thank you, you can do it! I wish you luck on your journey!
  • jaz007007
    jaz007007 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! You look great and you are naturally beautiful. I love to see others progress on their long journeys. I started at 215 in September 2015 and am down to 193. I'm the same height and aspire to get down to whatever weight makes me healthy and feel good. I'm not focusing on the end number so I don't drive myself crazy!!! I wish you so much good health and positive thoughts to keep going!
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. I started a day before you on the 4th, it made me smile that someone out there started a similar journey round about the same time. :)
  • angel1_abe
    angel1_abe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing, it's very encouraging!
  • ImOneStepCloser
    ImOneStepCloser Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You look great! Great job!
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job! Continue on your successful journey!
  • ucalegon
    ucalegon Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Incredible progress, especially with PCOS! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!