Just over 50 down, and 21-61 to go...ideal body weight???

Options
yt6isby094sc.jpg

I started in Nov. 2014 after my insurance turned me down for reduction surgery due to obesity, but didn't get invested until January 2015, so this is pretty much my one year mark. I'm down 53 lbs and still going, although so much slower than in the beginning.

But, I can't be unhappy. When I started I could barely make it through my strength training on the lowest level bands, and now I'm on the highest levels bands and doing yoga every day and walking. I noticed the other day that, walking to my 3rd floor office, I'm no longer winded. I'm the smallest I've been in a decade. That feels good.

Clothing though, is a bit expensive, even when thrift shopping, I seem to change shape every 3 weeks or so to the point where my old clothes are no longer even wearable. This isn't such a huge problem on the bottom, but being rather well endowed on top, the bras are so, so expensive. The chronic back pain continues to become more severe as I lose weight but very little bust. Anyone with similar issues with any stories of what worked for them in the meantime?

What I'm finding frustrating is setting my final goal. The BMI for my height is 114-154 and that's a HUGE range. I'm guessing due to my current build and several ideal weight calculators it will be someplace between 130 and 145 for realsies.

Replies

• GalgoMomAnita
    GalgoMomAnita Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You're looking great! How tall are you? That would factor into any thoughts on an ideal weight. You are so right about the bras. I have one style I've probably worn for 15 years, can order it online, and I'm done. Now those don't work. I HATE shopping for bras, but finally bit the bullet after being down about 45 lbs. and found a new one. Definitely don't invest much in them until you're close to where you want to be. I'm really surprised your back pain is getting worse. Have you seen a doctor? It doesn't seem to make sense that the pain would increase. Keep up the great effort because you're doing a beautiful job!
  • agirlcalledrinn
    agirlcalledrinn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You're looking great! How tall are you? That would factor into any thoughts on an ideal weight. You are so right about the bras. I have one style I've probably worn for 15 years, can order it online, and I'm done. Now those don't work. I HATE shopping for bras, but finally bit the bullet after being down about 45 lbs. and found a new one. Definitely don't invest much in them until you're close to where you want to be. I'm really surprised your back pain is getting worse. Have you seen a doctor? It doesn't seem to make sense that the pain would increase. Keep up the great effort because you're doing a beautiful job!

Thanks! I'm 5 foot 6 1/4. As for the back pain, well, I started as a 42H, as my ribs have slowly disappeared, guess what hasn't kept up the pace? Yeah... I'm now a half inch shy of a 32J. So, my top heaviness has actually gotten slightly worse, putting more strain on my back as I've gone. My doctor is with me every step of the way, and I'm in and out of PT, but my insurance won't kick in until I get out of the overweight BMI bracket in 20 lbs.Just the way things are, so I'll deal. :smile:
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful difference lass :-)
  • agirlcalledrinn
    agirlcalledrinn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    MrsMizart wrote: »
    What a wonderful difference lass :-)

Thank you!
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you look great now, and I wouldn't be surprised if the top end of that range worked better for you. I'm nearly 3 inches shorter than you and 114 wasn't a sustainable weight for me as a teenager.
  • mimi2974
    mimi2974 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Maybe wear a regular bra with a sports bra over that? Keeping the girls close to your body helps with balance and posture. When I was a runner, I did that until I found some expensive sports bras specific for large chests.

Keep up the great work!
  • Omoe11
    Omoe11 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the good work!
  • buttersbunch
    buttersbunch Posts: 180 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    h3kpp3ibvz27.jpeg
    I am 5'5" and my 'healthy weight range' is 120-150 pounds, and I found the middle (135 pounds) is where I felt best.

I lost 275 pounds (from 410 lbs. to 135 lbs.) and have never felt better! I wear a size extra small-small tops/sweaters, etc and size 4 jeans/pants and dresses.

You'll know where you need to be, different body types, shapes, etc... help determine what each person looks and feels their healthiest at in weight.
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    yt6isby094sc.jpg

I started in Nov. 2014 after my insurance turned me down for reduction surgery due to obesity, but didn't get invested until January 2015, so this is pretty much my one year mark. I'm down 53 lbs and still going, although so much slower than in the beginning.

But, I can't be unhappy. When I started I could barely make it through my strength training on the lowest level bands, and now I'm on the highest levels bands and doing yoga every day and walking. I noticed the other day that, walking to my 3rd floor office, I'm no longer winded. I'm the smallest I've been in a decade. That feels good.

Clothing though, is a bit expensive, even when thrift shopping, I seem to change shape every 3 weeks or so to the point where my old clothes are no longer even wearable. This isn't such a huge problem on the bottom, but being rather well endowed on top, the bras are so, so expensive. The chronic back pain continues to become more severe as I lose weight but very little bust. Anyone with similar issues with any stories of what worked for them in the meantime?

What I'm finding frustrating is setting my final goal. The BMI for my height is 114-154 and that's a HUGE range. I'm guessing due to my current build and several ideal weight calculators it will be someplace between 130 and 145 for realsies.

• ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hi, just a thought regarding the back pain issue, do you think that as you are losing body 'padding' that perhaps your mattress isn't offering you the best support. Flip it or put some board under as a cheap option maybe? I know that mine needs replacing and the back ache makes me grumpy ☹️
  • Vcorz
    Vcorz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Honestly you look good already...id say the top of the range would work.....and be sustainable!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!