injured leg, how can i exercise! please help

Options
Hi everyone,
Was doing really well and exercising at least 30 mins 5 days a week, but have injured 2 muscles in my leg so have to take it easy for a few weeks, which is driving me crazy. i feel like i can feel each calorie i eat sitting on my thighs and settling down cause i cant exercise them off.
Does anyone have any ideas of what i can do till recovered.
I do not want to fall off the wagon.
any suggesions would be appreciated

Replies

• leilamarie
    leilamarie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Do yo have access to a pool? When injured my hip last year, I did lots of pool workouts. Google pool workouts and you will get a tone of ideas. Hope this helps and good luck!
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I have a bad knee and hip which flared up when I was exercising too much. I was forced to stop and let them heal. During this time I completely focused on my food intake, watched calories and adjusted meals. I increased my breakfast to include at least 1/3 of my daily caloric intake and spread the rest out for lunch, dinner and snacks. It may have come at a time when my body needed the rest and the change of pace helped speed up my weight loss. I lost just shy of 10 lbs in 3 weeks by just watching my diet alone. I'm slowly adding exercise back in to my day now that my hip and knee are better. Good luck!
  • Dahlface13
    Dahlface13 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Can you do some arm, upper body, core work?

Such as free weights while sitting or air punching or crunches?
  • spurradic
    spurradic Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    do you have a pool available to you? you can do exercises or run in the pool. its very low impact but also allows you to get your heart rate up.
  • pilotdrew
    pilotdrew Posts: 14
    Options
    Don't know if you watch Biggest Loser, but this past season Moses (big guy) was too injured to run or do much so he did shadow boxing and lost some weight that week. Won't do much for your lower body but still burns calories.

6776676.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    wont help the thighs, but any upper body workouts would still burn calories.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    One of my knees has a training injury from running and after almost a month, it still hurts to walk. I was totally off it and on crutches for awhile so know how discouraging it can be. I did lots of "boxing" for cardio , dumb bells, cruches and pushups. Jillian Michaels recommends boxing or punching for cardio. Hope you heal up quickly. I lost weight the first couple of weeks I was out of commission, but I think it was just all the muscle loss from my legs : (
  • mom111997
    mom111997 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Butt crunches, baby !!! And do some upper body work while you're doing them, or chair exercises like crunches or side bends - while holding dumbells. Don't let it get you down, though!!!
  • keelekat
    keelekat Posts: 13
    Options
    I tore a tendon in my knee two weeks ago, and although it's now healed so I can exercise again, I didn't completely give up exercise whilst it was healing.

I did a 1 hour yoga class and modified the more vigorous poses to relief the weight on my knee, and would where possible, walk or cycle at a moderate pace (getting off the bike for any long hills to take pressure off the knee). I didn't lose weight, but I didn't gain it either!

You could also do arm exercises or crunches or something similar.
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Was doing really well and exercising at least 30 mins 5 days a week, but have injured 2 muscles in my leg so have to take it easy for a few weeks, which is driving me crazy. i feel like i can feel each calorie i eat sitting on my thighs and settling down cause i cant exercise them off.
    Does anyone have any ideas of what i can do till recovered.
    I do not want to fall off the wagon.
    any suggesions would be appreciated

I'm in the same boat as you are only with multiple knee injuries including a dislocation late last year. :explode: I just want to thank everyone for their suggestions! :bigsmile:

4581915.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • emmadrama
    emmadrama Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    hey guys,

thanks so much for the responses all really good tips.

havent fallen off yet yay!