can anyone help me me make a workout plan

Options
i go the gym monday tues wed n thurs

monday - chest
tuesday - biceps
wednesday -triceps
thursday - legs

can anyone link me to a good workout plan or tell me what i should do on each day

Replies

• bigboomer2005
    bigboomer2005 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi looks pretty good what you got but you seem to be missing a couple body parts like shoulders , back and abs. I'd combine tries and chest, back and Bi's and add shoulders in for full body workout
    I'd check " body for life" website they have good workout schedule
    All the best
  • MyBoyG
    MyBoyG Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Power Yoga, it works all the body parts :)
  • andreapowers857
    andreapowers857 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've started using the Nike training training app. It's really good and free to download on iPhone. It plans your workouts for you depending on whether you want to lose weight tone up build muscle etc and has different levels from beginner to advanced so something for everyone. It also has videos of the exercises if your unsure of what they are. I hope this is helpful x
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

monday - chest
    tuesday - biceps
    wednesday -triceps
    thursday - legs

can anyone link me to a good workout plan or tell me what i should do on each day

What are your goals?
    What is your lifting experience?
    What physical shape are you in now?
    What limitations do you have? (Time, equipment, injuries....)

Without that outline you will just get a workout plan that is suitable for other people and not necessarily you.
    Your plan would be a waste of time for me, my workout routine could be dreadful for you.
  • liamforward18
    liamforward18 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

monday - chest
    tuesday - biceps
    wednesday -triceps
    thursday - legs

What are your goals?
    What is your lifting experience?
    What physical shape are you in now?
    What limitations do you have? (Time, equipment, injuries....)

Without that outline you will just get a workout plan that is suitable for other people and not necessarily you.
    Your plan would be a waste of time for me, my workout routine could be dreadful for you.

goals - build muscle/ 6 pack abs
    been the gym 2 years nearly
    slightly ripped
    no limitations
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    With 4 consecutive days you are really forced down the split routine route rather than full body.
    The problem with your split is missing some body parts entirely and only working your muscles once a week each.
    How about upper body/legs/upper body/legs instead?

It would be a tough 4 days but at your age your recovery should be pretty good but you may want to vary intensity.

Build your routine predominantly around the big compound lifts (not isolation work which should be the accessories not the main event), balance a push with a pull (squats and deads, press and row for example).
  • liamforward18
    liamforward18 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    thinking about changing my routine to
    monday - chest
    tuesday - back
    wednesday shoulders
    thursday - legs
    saturday - legs

dont know if thats a better routine because if i do back on its own im using bi's as a secondary muscle and the same if i do shoulders im using tri'ceps as a secondary muscle again

only problem is im a picky eater so its hard for me to put on size and im naturally skinny