How many steps are you getting in per day?

Options
Hello all!

I received a Fit Bit HR for Christmas and I'm loving it!!! I have been averaging 12,000 steps a day and it keeps me moving?

Any other people out there with a fit bit? If so, how many steps are you able to average? I only ask so that we may motivate one another:)

Thank you in advance,
Vanessa

Replies

• lisamaucoin
    lisamaucoin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I get about 10-12k on the days I work. Although I'm not sure it can keep up with my steps when I walk or march quickly, I find that having the fitbit is a great motivator because yes, I will march in place or walk around my work or apartment to reach thresholds that are important to me. It also gave me an estimate of how many calories I was burning in a day which, frankly, was quite a bit less than I thought.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I average 14,000 steps daily. Yesterday was my highest number of steps...25,002 steps. I power golfed and walked over 9 miles playing 18 holes. I am looking forward to that number being my average number of steps during the spring and summer when I golf.
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I shoot for 12,500.
  • dujyandco
    dujyandco Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I aim for 20, but usually it's between 22k and 32k. Yesterday was very low, at 19! I have the Charge HR, and love it. :)
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I just did 10K two days in a row and have had my Fitbit since Christmas. Apparently I need to move more! :)
  • jkquinn13
    jkquinn13 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    My goal has always been 10K and I hit between 12 to 14 most days.
    Job is total desk work so need to force the steps, no help from work
  • Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    My goal is 10k and then everything on top of that is gravy. Most days I get between 12 and 14k.
  • mef1107
    mef1107 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    When logging in walking exercise activity on MFP, do I manually add this, even though MFP has tracked my steps?
  • Jenny8511
    Jenny8511 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My goal is 10k and I usually get between 12-14k. I love my fitbit! I have walked circles around my house at 11:30 at night just to reach that 10k if it was a lazy day! haha!
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    My 7-day average at the minute is 10,200 ish. My job can be very sedentary some days (literally only getting up for the toilet, to get water, or to make a cup of tea) and some days I'll be over 10,000 steps by 11am, so it really depends.

I like to aim for at least 10,000. Between being more mindful of finding ways to move around at work and fitting in runs/gym sessions outside of work hours, I usually get there. Some days it's up around 20-30,000.
  • wandererlust
    wandererlust Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just bought my Fitbit and yesterday was my first full day using it. Unfortunately it was a weekend and I wanted to lay around all day so I had to really try to hit that 10k mark. An hour of ping ongoing solved it! Hopefully my numbers will be better during the week.
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Usually around 14k. In the spring, summer and autumn it will be more because I work in a hotel and those times there's more guests so more exercise. Also the weather is better so I add a couple of extra miles to my dog walks.
  • Siciliana05
    Siciliana05 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Incredible! Thanks for posting guys!!!!
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    It depends. I have a pretty sedentary job where I'll only walk from my desk to the bathroom, to get coffee/tea, or to another meeting. Some days it's a struggle to get to 5k. Since I work in DC I've picked up the habit of walking from my office to my client sites if time (and shoes!) permits. On those days I can get closer to 10k. Winter kind of puts a damper on that :/ Once spring is hear and I start running again it'll be much higher!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    dujyandco wrote: »
    I aim for 20, but usually it's between 22k and 32k. Yesterday was very low, at 19! I have the Charge HR, and love it. :)

How in the world do you get that many a day?
  • amber68rose556
    amber68rose556 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    About 20-27000 steps per day- i run at the gym in the morning then walk my dog and shop some days
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    Options
    I work from home at a desk job, so can't do the normal things to increase my steps like parking farther away, using a bathroom farther away, walking over to talk to colleagues rather than IMing them, etc. I do walk up to 2.5 miles at lunch time, but despite that have yet to hit 10,000 steps since I got my fitbit for Christmas.
  • mjallday77
    mjallday77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The Fitbit will unfortunately track arm moments as steps, as I've learned from having one. I've adjusted the settingson my Fitbit to try to reflect a more accurate scale as to how many steps I'm actually taking on a daily basis. I shoot for 10k/day.
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    mjallday77 wrote: »
    The Fitbit will unfortunately track arm moments as steps, as I've learned from having one. I've adjusted the settingson my Fitbit to try to reflect a more accurate scale as to how many steps I'm actually taking on a daily basis. I shoot for 10k/day.

I have noticed this as well... What are your settings for ur Fitbit
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I work from home at a desk job, so can't do the normal things to increase my steps like parking farther away, using a bathroom farther away, walking over to talk to colleagues rather than IMing them, etc. I do walk up to 2.5 miles at lunch time, but despite that have yet to hit 10,000 steps since I got my fitbit for Christmas.

I get lots of steps even on rainy days when I stay home inside all day. I do laps around the kitchen and dining room, five to ten minutes at a time. I can achieve a fairly brisk pace (over 120 steps a minute). Of course that will depend on how big your house is and how things are laid out.

As far as Fitbit settings -- I wear mine on my left (non dominant) wrist but have my settings as if I'm wearing it on my dominant hand. I find that I rarely get hand movements counted as steps. Certainly nowhere near enough to have any significant effect at all on daily totals.